• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisman

Chrisman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:44 AM

Ok, so I bought a broken xbox and the only defective thing is the power supply and the dvd rom. The motherboard/hard drive combo works fine but the box doesnt have a mod chip and I want to unlock the hard drive so I can convert in into a PC hard drive. I do have a chip in my own personal xbox though (if that helps at all). I have read things about turning your xbox on and after the xbox unlocks it, unplugging the IDE cable and plug in the one from your PC so you can see it unlocked, but this doesnt seem to work (maybe I'm doing it at the wrong time. I do it before I even turn my PC on). So, if you are still with me, is there any way I can unlock this drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:51 AM

Follow the tutorial at XS to use a Xbox HD in a PC

-or-

Install HD in your modded Xbox and run Configmagic to unlock

#3 Chrisman

Chrisman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:39 PM

I don't think you understand shana...

I cant put the hard drive in the modded xbox because it is locked. It won't boot up because it trys to unlock the drive with the wrong key and I get error 5 (or 6) even with the mod active. I can't get the key because I need to be able to start the evox cd and backup with the drive plugged in. I tried hot swapping the drives and evox would just lock up.

#4 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Chrisman @ Mar 28 2003, 07:44 AM)
Ok, so I bought a broken xbox and the only defective thing is the power supply and the dvd rom. The motherboard/hard drive combo works fine but the box doesnt have a mod chip and I want to unlock the hard drive so I can convert in into a PC hard drive. I do have a chip in my own personal xbox though (if that helps at all). I have read things about turning your xbox on and after the xbox unlocks it, unplugging the IDE cable and plug in the one from your PC so you can see it unlocked, but this doesnt seem to work (maybe I'm doing it at the wrong time. I do it before I even turn my PC on). So, if you are still with me, is there any way I can unlock this drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unless it was locked with configmagic (unlock on pc with password TEAMASSEMBLY) you are stuffed. You could transfer the dead box motherboard to your working case and use that to unlock the drive via tha hotswap trick (boot xbox to unlock drive, then hotswap the ide to your pc and disable the lock).

#5 DizzyT

DizzyT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:18 AM

If the motherboard is working, then you could also
(1) connect a working PSU and dvd to your broken xbox
(2) install modchip. (something with pogo pins would be quick and easy)
(3) install and run configmagic
(4) unlock the HD

Edited by DizzyT, 30 March 2003 - 11:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users