3 replies to this topic

#1 maximus92

maximus92

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:49 AM

Just wondering if it was possible, and if it is how do you go about changing it? Or is it hard coded into the chip itself? I guess the next logical question would be, could you do the same thing to the Dashboard, as far as making it activate with the eject button instead of the power button?

#2 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:52 AM

Just turn off instant boot.. tongue.gif

#3 maximus92

maximus92

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:12 AM

Oops, I didn't explain further. O.K. I have two kids, 7 and 10, right now they are in the habbit of turning on the Xbox by the eject button. Now I can sit them down and expailn to them that from now on turn the Xbox on by the power button to load the Dash (pause to look at thier blank stares huh.gif ), but hey they're kids. I know one day while I'm at work, they'll have a brain fart, and turn the xbox on by the eject button, and load the XeniumOS by mistake. Then they'll start fishing around trying to figure out how to get to the Dash, next thing you know, I'm on here posting threads on BIOS recoveries. smile.gif

So is there away to flip it so the dash comes on when you press the eject button, and the OS comes on by the power button?

#4 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:50 AM

Not really :/ (Wiithout rewiring the switches anyways..)

...you could always use the OS's password function.. which does pretty much exactly what you want. Turn it on, then even if they boot with eject, if they don't enter the password within a few seconds of the xbox booting, it'll boot right to your default bios. If you want the OS, enter the password (X, White, A, Y).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users