10 replies to this topic

#1 freakybob

freakybob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 March 2003 - 12:24 PM

i have installed an xecuter 2 pro with the pogo pin adapter, run through the standard tests all seems ok i have hooked it up to my laptop get the right code returned from the mod, flash with my chosen bios selection (have tried evox d6, d6ef x2 4974 +4975) either as a mix or all banks the same however no matter what switch combination i use the bioses simply will not boot all i get is the standard M$ bios (i dont get any errors the box simply works as if the mod wernt there)

Any help with this would be greaty appreciated

i want to avoid soldering if possible also i have a v1.1 Pal xbox

#2 freakybob

freakybob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 03:52 PM

I have a feeling that the d0 is bad any ideas?

#3 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 March 2003 - 04:04 PM

this may sound dumb, but are you sure you dont have one of the jumpers on disable or anything?

#4 Whonows

Whonows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:53 PM

I have the same problem!!??

I'm searching for a solution sad.gif

#5 freakybob

freakybob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:48 PM

the flash enable jumper is on the dip switch 4 is on so mod should work - i am thinking it it my pogo adapter not making contact with the d0 (i think pointed pins rather than rounded ones would be a better design)

#6 DizzyT

DizzyT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:46 AM

Yeah aligning the d0 point is a pain.

You can
(1) solder a wire connecting to the d0 point
(2) put a very small drop of solder on the d0 point to increase the surface area

And right, make sure the switches are set correctly. With a 256k bios, you'll need switch 4 on as well as at least one of the other switches.

#7 freakybob

freakybob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, as soon as i finish decorating my lounge i will be trying to solder d0 i am resigned to the fact that the pogo pins are no god for the d0 connection. They woulld be beyyer if they had a pin at the d0 point and pogo connecters for the lpc

#8 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:25 PM

just dab some solder in that top d0 hole if you cant do that then get a wire connecting to the alt d0

#9 dozer71

dozer71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:11 AM

Same prob here, i even added a lil soder to d0. I flip switch 4 on ( with or w/o other switches)and it flashes red green, dose this happen to you? im gona try a 1mb bios

#10 freakybob

freakybob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:47 AM

Hurrah success at last!!!

I added a tiny a point of solder on to the pogo pin for the d0 connection and hey presto it works i now have a working mod whoohoo!

all thats left is to find some cds that my dvd drive likes (only tried with one brand so far so not really a problem)

#11 dozer71

dozer71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:01 PM

ok i have tried many bios with all kinds of switch combos, any time 4 is on i get the 2x - frag, i added a lil point of sodder to the d0 pogo with no luck, then sodderd a wire from the top of the d0 pogo to the second d0 on the other side of the board, to test the pogo 2 second d0, i metered from the unconnected (except wire to 2nd d0 on back) top d0 pogo to main board top d0 and got my meter beep. I have had no problems flashing bios, just cant boot the mod bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users