vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

I'm Game for it..i love every game in this fantastic SERIES!!

Edited by vintage_guitar, 04 June 2005 - 06:34 AM.

#17 metalhead212

metalhead212

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

I stoped getting excited over a tony hawk after three came out. Yes four was good, it just starting bluring together. Same stuff differant level. THUG didn't really do much for me either. After this game come out they should kill the franchise, uless they can come up with more AWSOME moves like the sticker move from THUG 2....wow sad.gif

#18 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

I think Tony Hawk 1 was the best, I liked number 2 only becuase it came with the new manual move, if manuals were allowed in the first, it would have been perfect, I remember spending days during the summer playing the demo before the game was released.....Best Summer Ever!

#19 Swedish Rebel

Swedish Rebel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

whats the deal with the new tong hawk....i heard (cant remember where) that it was a massive multi-player game. One big world with no loading and all theses people would play together

#20 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:28 AM

im really looking forward to it for sure. i just wish theyd stop trying to make it an action game with all these missions and stuff...

but id most like to see a universal game save. imagine being able to play it on the xbox then move your game save to the PSP and playing it there from where you left off... to me thats the ultimate goal for a hand held to merge the games then let you play them seemless.

#21 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

Yeah. I'd say I'm pretty hyped for this game, being an old TH fanatic since the first game. Although I hope it won't lose the tight gameplay by having 1 big ass level. I haven't played THUG 2, but I liked THUG 1 for the crazy levels and the tasks that were set up for you, like the helicopter jump in Hawaii. The story was meh, but since when can you craft an intricate, kick ass story about skateboarding? Not the most intellectual ballpark in the land, but a source of constant, addicting gameplay.

I daresay that I haven't been as addicted to a computer game since Tetris, when I played THPS2(for me the highlight of the series). The school level so totally rocked, I actually bought that game twice, once for the PS and finished it and then again for the DC. And of course finished that as well smile.gif

#22 SkateorDie

SkateorDie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Jun 4 2005, 09:14 PM)
I remember spending days during the summer playing the demo before the game was released.....Best Summer Ever!

View Post

hey fucking yeah, i remember my friend would play that one level over and over agian for hours. My friend win most of the time but now with the manual and revert he couldnt touch me ever. I lover playing thps3 on the pc online, then i went to thps4 on the ps2 online, kicked ass in that(ps2 fanboy). went to thug with the xbox(xbox fanboy, looks like im staying here/there). i played through thug2 but it was meh after i beat the crappy asss story. ill load it up and play every once and a while. I probobly enjoyed thps3 and 4 the most mainly becuase of the online play. Now that THAW on the 360(woot) will be online i will probly play the fuck out of it, and the one big level even makes it better yet. I cant wait.
pop.gif beerchug.gif

#23 hb2k

hb2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:51 AM

i own everysingle THPS game to date. i love all of them except THUG2. i quit playing that when i was riding this fucked up mechanical bull. i mean WTF is that grr.gif i do agree that THPS4 online with the ps2 was one of the greatest games ever. (i dont care if i get flamed but, i think the ps2 controller was practically made for that game! with the four shoulder buttons and all.) i hope this one is much better and goes back to its roots. and BTW the hands down best level in all THPS games ever made has to be School maimi from THPS1. biggrin.gif

Edited by hb2k, 06 June 2005 - 12:52 AM.

#24 towelie1098

towelie1098

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:29 AM

the video we see of american wasteland is a ps2 build! mad.gif
btw: pop.gif

#25 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(towelie1098 @ Jun 5 2005, 08:40 PM)
the video we see of american wasteland is a ps2 build! mad.gif
btw: pop.gif

View Post

yeah no doubt they're building the PS2 version first (biggest sales/most difficult) and just kind of porting it elsewhere.

One thing I noticed in the video was a guy on a BMX bike...

I think that would be a cool direction to take the game allow for different sports in addition to skateboarding like BMX biking, Inline Skating, razor scooter, (maybe freestyle walking or freestyle wheelbarrow?). It would sure beat the lame ass characters "skating" in wheel chairs, mechanical bulls, segways, etc. It would only really work if they offered the same smooth gameplay that's available for the skateboarding side.

#26 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 5 2005, 06:29 PM)
yeah no doubt they're building the PS2 version first (biggest sales/most difficult) and just kind of porting it elsewhere.

One thing I noticed in the video was a guy on a BMX bike...

I think that would be a cool direction to take the game allow for different sports in addition to skateboarding like BMX biking, Inline Skating, razor scooter, (maybe freestyle walking or freestyle wheelbarrow?). It would sure beat the lame ass characters "skating" in wheel chairs, mechanical bulls, segways, etc. It would only really work if they offered the same smooth gameplay that's available for the skateboarding side.

View Post

If it had the same bike physics/controls as Dave Mirra, then fuck yeah, that'd be awesome. That game kept me entertained for a long time.

#27 ChiefMullaMulla

ChiefMullaMulla

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:24 AM

I just checked out the wheelbarrow site lol laugh.gif beerchug.gif

#28 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(hb2k @ Jun 5 2005, 06:02 PM)
i own everysingle THPS game to date. i love all of them except THUG2. i quit playing that when i was riding this fucked up mechanical bull. i mean WTF is that grr.gif i do agree that THPS4 online with the ps2 was one of the greatest games ever. (i dont care if i get flamed but, i think the ps2 controller was practically made for that game! with the four shoulder buttons and all.)  i hope this one is much better and goes back to its roots. and BTW the hands down best level in all THPS games ever made has to be School maimi from THPS1.  biggrin.gif

View Post

ya the gimmics in thug2 got old fast, the special characters ruined the game id rather play as the pros not jessie james on the IT. but oh well it was fun enough.

#29 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

I think you're all going to like the new one... I can't really say any more... only a couple of months now until release.

#30 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:37 PM

Lol cool I really liked all four thps, but underground really wasnt good, especially underground 2.

Plus, what ever happened to those bmx games? I never actually picked one of those n64 copies up, but a new actually decent one would be a pretty popular game.

Edited by Carlo210, 06 June 2005 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users