X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

I thought Dave Mirra was awesome, The first one, with the ragdoll physics....Hours and hours of fun with that demo ( the actual game was really easy)

#32 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Jun 6 2005, 03:48 PM)
Lol cool I really liked all four thps, but underground really wasnt good, especially underground 2.

Plus, what ever happened to those bmx games? I never actually picked one of those n64 copies up, but a new actually decent one would be a pretty popular game.

View Post

dave mira tanked.. not sure on the ACTUAL numbers (I'm not at work) but... they were pretty darned low.

#33 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:36 AM

hmm i liked it

#34 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(thebroken @ Jun 6 2005, 04:47 PM)
hmm i liked it

View Post

Yeah, me too. It was basically the same game as THPS at the time, but with a bike. So with someone like me who gets bored with games fairly easy, it's a nice mix on things. (Even though THPS kept me pretty busy back then too... hours and hours on each one. And I never got sick of the first level on DM where it played Sublime over and over again, lol.)

EDIT: Now that you guys got me talkin' about it, I think I'm gunna bust out DM right now, haha.

Edited by Owtlaw333, 07 June 2005 - 04:54 AM.

#35 dipper

dipper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:40 AM

I am looking forward to it but i am wondering what will be new this time around
does anyone know?

what will be different from the many other titles that have alredy been released.

#36 corridon

corridon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

Well they're incorporating the Dave Mirra engine into it so it's like both the THPS series and the Dave MIrra series combined. You can do all teh normal underground stuff probably and this time it's just one giant level so there's no load times.

And it's also on XBOX LIVE.

#37 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(corridon @ Jun 7 2005, 01:41 AM)
Well they're incorporating the Dave Mirra engine into it so it's like both the THPS series and the Dave MIrra series combined.  You can do all teh normal underground stuff probably and this time it's just one giant level so there's no load times.

And it's also on XBOX LIVE.

View Post

the dave mira engine is NOT involved.

#38 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

yeah...i thought Activision/Treyarch/Neversoft made Mat Hoffman, and some other company made Dave Mirra.

#39 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:47 AM

I think Acclaim made Dave Mirra, which we all know how they turned out. One NR Reader and one SNES from acclaim sitting on my shelf, so...

#40 Juancster

Juancster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

The School is by far one of the best levels in Tony Hawk. Yet I also noticed that Wasteland looked like it was current gen. It better get alot better by launch time if they want to atleast spark my interest for it.

#41 zero129

zero129

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

I loved the TH games, right up to 3, 4 was ok, but once THUG came it went down hill big time, i mean i hate the big open levels just like everyone else, and im much happier with smaller well thought out levels.

Now as for the BMX games i think the Dave Mirra games sucked, and imo Mat Hoffman is a much better game Since that is just like Tony Hawk only on a BMX.

#42 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

the reason it looks current gen is because it is. It is being released on xbox and PS2 and Gamecube plus xbox360, which pisses me off, if they are gonna make games on both platforms they are developing for the current gen systems in mind, and then just putting a little more "hi-res" textures in there for the 360.....They are sacrificing it so they can make more money and are just pinching every penny out of the current gen systems.

#43 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Jun 18 2005, 02:05 AM)
the reason it looks current gen is because it is. It is being released on xbox and PS2 and Gamecube plus xbox360, which pisses me off, if they are gonna make games on both platforms they are developing for the current gen systems in mind, and then just putting a little more "hi-res" textures in there for the 360.....They are sacrificing it so they can make more money and are just pinching every penny out of the current gen systems.

View Post

you realise of course - that as a business model, to cut off support for ALL current (read, largest installbase) hardware just because new hardware is coming out is simply suicide. Just as much as NOT supporting new hardware at all is suicide waiting to happen.

#44 HaloFool90

HaloFool90

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

I actually don't like the way the Tony Hawk series is going with Underground and American Wasteland. I (like many other people i guess) prefer the old games. I know I still bust out my N64 to play the original Tony hawk every so often.

#45 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(HaloFool90 @ Jun 20 2005, 04:50 PM)
I actually don't like the way the Tony Hawk series is going with Underground and American Wasteland. I (like many other people i guess) prefer the old games. I know I still bust out my N64 to play the original Tony hawk every so often.

View Post

you know what happens when you release a game thats just like the old games.... someone else says... "but its just like the old games?"

oh - and almost nothing has been released regard american wasteland so please try to hold off on commenting until it has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users