• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZenLee

ZenLee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

I been reading about unlocking hdd and stumbled on an info that this lil chip is what holds the hdd key?

If i get an eeprom programmer i should be able to retrive that hddkey info from it correct?

My hdd is dead and not having a very good luck with Mod chip..

So i thought i would just take the eeprom off, read it, put it back on.
Is this viable?

#2 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:53 AM

if your hdd is dead and you are trying to retrieve the info, then this will not help

if your hdd is dead and you simply want to install a new hdd, then all you need is an installer disk

the only reason to do all that trouble would be if your mobo is dead, you want to move the working hdd into a new xbox and you do not have the eeprom.bin backup on your pc

hope that helps

#3 ZenLee

ZenLee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

Installer disk works on an unmodded xbox, with a new empty hdd? my original hdd is dead..
which one?!

Edited by ZenLee, 04 June 2005 - 01:47 AM.

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

i assumed your xbox was modded...

you can buy a chip for $9.50 and i am sure that is less hassle than buying an eeprom programmer, removing and reinstalling the eeprom chip and whatever else would be required down that path to fixing your xbox.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=404751

if you need to get back onto xbox live, you will also need to purchase a avirgin, unbanned, unmarried eeprom and use the chip to flash that new file to the eeprom chip because the original eeprom and dead hdd are married. (search marriage theory in xbl sections)

obtain an installer disk(from your favorite bittorrents site or xbins) - here is a handy link for xbins access.
http://www.macsat.com/xbins/index.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users