• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KbudE

KbudE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 06:00 AM

I read the tutorial on ISA-card flashing but it seems a bit too technical for me. I was wondering if someone could maybe post short summary of what it's really trying to tell me if they understand it themselves.

BTW, i was going to try the pc motherboard method but my bios isnt socketed so i cant remove it sad.gif

#2 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Old games......... yea....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2002 - 01:52 AM

ok simply its an isa card where you mount the chip you wanna flash........

you would place it correctly with the arrows pointing to the back of the pc(with the chip mounted on it)....... run the special program and thats it......

not hard to understand... really.......... they had alot of technical stuff only telling you how it used the isa slot to access the chip... no biggie

and for the motherboard swap method....... just use an older crappy pc..... don't use yours there is no guarantee you won't mess it up.. like a 486 board or a p1.......

#3 sdsc

sdsc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 06:11 AM

Maybe I just missed something, but are they selling the board, or are they telling you how to make one?

#4 DeMOnS

DeMOnS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:18 AM

They are both telling you how to make a board AND there is a German company that is selling the PCB, Kits and ready built units.

It does say at the bottom of the article to check to see if the company will ship to other countries though.

Expect that there will be other enterprising companies that manufacture the board from the pictures and make their own kits / boads if demand is high enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users