• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

i have also posted this in my Marriage Theory 101 topic

Well from what I have been reading lately it seems you are unfortunately banned again, and this error is a precursor to the actual Modified Hardware error. I guess MS can detect broken marriages as soon as you log in and prevent you from even accessing Live until they add you to the banned list.

My Theory as to why this is happening like this:

I believe MS has instated a sort of Live password as part of the Marriage security measures. Live prompts your xbox for a login of sorts, this login is the same as your EEPROM serial number. It then asks for a password, this password is your HDs lock code or HD serial number. If they do not match what MS has on file on their servers you cannot connect to Live (Live Not Found) and it adds your EEPROM serial to the list of pending bans (same as folks who log in with a hacked bios) If it is a EEPROM they do not have on file they put it on file with the HD code and thus the marriage takes place.

This explains why people who change HDs without changing eeprom cannot access Live at all (since the "password" isnt correct they cant log in) and then only later get th emodified hardware error (after the "classic" ban has been processed)

#2 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jun 5 2005, 10:19 AM)
i have also posted this in my Marriage Theory 101 topic
Well from what I have been reading lately it seems you are unfortunately banned again, and this error is a precursor to the actual Modified Hardware error.  I guess MS can detect broken marriages as soon as you log in and prevent you from even accessing Live until they add you to the banned list.

My Theory as to why this is happening like this:

I believe MS has instated a sort of Live password as part of the Marriage security measures. Live prompts your xbox for a login of sorts, this login is the same as your EEPROM serial number. It then asks for a password, this password is your HDs lock code or HD serial number. If they do not match what MS has on file on their servers you cannot connect to Live (Live Not Found) and it adds your EEPROM serial to the list of pending bans (same as folks who log in with a hacked bios) If it is a EEPROM they do not have on file they put it on file with the HD code and thus the marriage takes place.

This explains why people who change HDs without changing eeprom cannot access Live at all (since the "password" isnt correct they cant log in) and then only later get th emodified hardware error (after the "classic" ban has been processed)

View Post

(i replied in the MT 101 thread too)

Nice theory smile.gif

I like it, I think it actually explains all the funny edge cases we see with Marriage Theory as it stands, but doesn't actually violate the basic idea smile.gif, really a nice possible refinement

You still need a new eeprom + new hd, and new GT if you want to use a non-stock hd

#3 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:57 AM

If people still dont get it after this and the marriage theory threads then they really dont deserve to be on live with a modded xbox. Exellent addition to a sound theory, or should we just call it a known fact now? biggrin.gif You are a genius LordVader beerchug.gif

#4 luap

luap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 4 2005, 10:08 PM)
If people still dont get it after this and the marriage theory threads then they really dont deserve to be on live with a modded xbox. Exellent addition to a sound theory, or should we just call it a known fact now?  biggrin.gif  You are a genius LordVader  beerchug.gif

View Post

basicly if you want to get on live you need a virgin eeprom and a virgin harddrive..and the chip disabled

#5 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 5 2005, 12:08 PM)
If people still dont get it after this and the marriage theory threads then they really dont deserve to be on live with a modded xbox. Exellent addition to a sound theory, or should we just call it a known fact now?  biggrin.gif  You are a genius LordVader  beerchug.gif

View Post

"Marriage Law" just doesn't sound as good wink.gif

#6 astrophong

astrophong

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:30 AM

How does the Gamer Tag fit into the equation? What added restrictions would that add?

Also if the GamerTag is a factor, could someone just check to see if XBox Live is working with a new HD and EEPROM by simply connecting to XBox Live via the New Registration portion of XBox Live?

#7 luap

luap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:04 AM

if you are on live and you get ban for modifying the box, then it would be wise to invest in a new gamertag cuz they flag the old one..but if you get a new eeprom and a new HD and have never been ban before then you dont need to worry about your gt

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(astrophong @ Jun 5 2005, 07:41 PM)
How does the Gamer Tag fit into the equation?  What added restrictions would that add?

Also if the GamerTag is a factor, could someone just check to see if XBox Live is working with a new HD and EEPROM by simply connecting to XBox Live via the New Registration portion of XBox Live?

View Post

if you get banned whilst using a particular gamertag it is flagged, meaning they check it for non-stock HDs, you can use a flagged GT with a stock HD just fine

#9 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

Well, I also think this is very plaussible.

With pretty much any program you can see what your xbox serial number is, and I'm 100% possitive that they (M$) also can.
Not using that knowledge to increase their security and take meassures would be VERY dumb of them.

#10 slick willy

slick willy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

I recently modded my xbox with and 80gb hdd and put evo x+3995 on there,so when i try to get on live it tells me i have absolutely no connection what so ever i got the codes there these

W:0000-000B
X:0000-F001
Y:0000-0000
Z:0000-0000
I: 0 ms (0ms) P:0/0

and thats all it reads im also wondering if evo x has a failsafe to prevent me from accesing live can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users