vingasoline

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(therealmikeg @ Jun 20 2005, 01:29 PM)
NOS, turbos, and superchargers don't add HP.  They add torque, but whatever.

View Post

This is by far, the absolute stupidest thing I have ever read in my whole life...

How about this: antifreeze doesn't cool off the engine, it prevents freezing.

Turbo lag is most common in first gear, because the turbo needs to spool(spin as fast as it can to reach the desired pressure) The bigger the turbo, the more lag there is.. Not much lag between shifting since it is fully spooled already.

#47 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Jun 8 2005, 07:53 PM)
nos doesn't add horsepower. but anyways, i prefer the realism over a screen where everything is blurry but your car. all that high speed stuff is getting old...

View Post

Are you retarded, put a car on a dyno, run it with no spray, next run with spray. It does add HP AND tourqe. Its an oxidzer so it helps fuels burn faster and hotter, how when it vaporizes when injection the nitrogen seperates from the oxygen which IS flamable, and the more O2 in the motor the more fuel you can run. Not to mention it cools the intake charge which makes the air more dense, more air means more power.

#48 myblackpony

myblackpony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(Deadman1515 @ Sep 5 2005, 06:51 AM)
Are you retarded, put a car on a dyno, run it with no spray, next run with spray. It does add HP AND tourqe. Its an oxidzer so it helps fuels burn faster and hotter, how when it vaporizes when injection the nitrogen seperates from the oxygen which IS flamable, and the more O2 in the motor the more fuel you can run. Not to mention it cools the intake charge which makes the air more dense, more air means more power.

View Post

yeah, whatever :cool2:

#49 vitalsnipes

vitalsnipes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

ok, i idn't finish reading everyones post about the NOS...but, alo of the other posts are true besides the no horse power or torque....just like drag racing, they usually run NOS from ignition or throttle control...i've seen someone run NOS at a drifting comp b4 so it's not just drag...the whole point of it is that...hmmm....idk, i got ahead of myself, lol....so, yeah, umm...theres a migc button for the little ricers because if u run NOS straight with out puting new seats for the valve and valves, u'll fu the engine. Anywho, this topic was all fucked up to begin with!

#50 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

You, vitalsnipes, will from now on be known as thread digger of the year.

#51 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Before you posted the last post was on
Sep 5 2005, 02:14 AM

Wow.

#52 vitalsnipes

vitalsnipes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:08 AM

Sure, i was high that night so don't burn me to much on my post...yeah i knew about your post anyway!
AND...ur wrong about "turbo lag" theres always lag, you may just not notice it, and i'd like to see a car tht put out that much power without any "turbo lag"... even turbo powered drag cars have "turbo lag" and they admit to it!!!

#53 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:45 AM

I'd like N2O. I'd like to be able to tune my ECU. I'd like neons. I'd like more than one front bumper with adjustable down-force. If I asked if there was a mod in existance that added these, should I be flamed for attempting to decrease the realism of the game? No. I don't give a flying ^#$& about realism. If you want your game to be realistic, then don't use those mods. Just try and be polite if other people have different preferences.

#54 Deadfast

Deadfast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(vingasoline @ Sep 4 2005, 03:28 PM) View Post

This is by far, the absolute stupidest thing I have ever read in my whole life...

How about this: antifreeze doesn't cool off the engine, it prevents freezing.

Actually, antifreeze DOESN'T cool off the engine. It's the water that has all the heat absorption properties. Thats why you have to mix anti-freeze with water (some types come pre-mixed). The anti freeze lowers the freezing temperature of the water. Thats why when theres ice all over your car in the morning, your coolant system isn't all frozen up too... cause that would be bad... Anti freeze also has junk in it that helps slow down corrosion. I believe it may also increase the boiling point of water... but I'm not completely sure on that.

edit: and btw... to stay on topic... whens the last time you were watching a professional race on tv, and a driver who was neck and neck with an opponent on a straightaway hit the nitrous? I'm extremely glad they left nitrous out of forza, and I won't be very happy if it shows up in forza 2.

Edited by Deadfast, 11 March 2007 - 09:25 AM.

#55 punge

punge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:15 AM

Almost a year later...

#56 madmike0408

madmike0408

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Deadfast @ Mar 11 2007, 09:58 AM) View Post

Actually, antifreeze DOESN'T cool off the engine. It's the water that has all the heat absorption properties. Thats why you have to mix anti-freeze with water (some types come pre-mixed). The anti freeze lowers the freezing temperature of the water. Thats why when theres ice all over your car in the morning, your coolant system isn't all frozen up too... cause that would be bad... Anti freeze also has junk in it that helps slow down corrosion. I believe it may also increase the boiling point of water... but I'm not completely sure on that.

edit: and btw... to stay on topic... whens the last time you were watching a professional race on tv, and a driver who was neck and neck with an opponent on a straightaway hit the nitrous? I'm extremely glad they left nitrous out of forza, and I won't be very happy if it shows up in forza 2.

lol you sir, are wrong. put water alone in your car and see what happens. it will boil and you will overheat. antifreeze cools the engine as well as prevents it from freezing. antifreeze doesnt lower the freezing point of water, it combines with the water and forms a different substance.

#57 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(madmike0408 @ Jul 4 2007, 03:49 PM) View Post

lol you sir, are wrong. put water alone in your car and see what happens. it will boil and you will overheat. antifreeze cools the engine as well as prevents it from freezing. antifreeze doesnt lower the freezing point of water, it combines with the water and forms a different substance.

lol, you come in here talking shit. Antifreeze does lower the freezing point of water as so do many other substances such as salt. Go back to chemistry... and don't bring old threads up.

#58 race_demon

race_demon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

Anti freeze also has junk in it that helps slow down corrosion.

ive never drained my bikes coolant over winter or used antifreeze i lucky i havent split block
and yeah i can see tiy bits of rust in the rad so your right and killman i cant remember his name
is spot on
nitrous splits into nitrogen and oxygen which whe added to extra fuel increases the power
(effectively making a bigger bang/engine)
even if it did just add torque if you at torque to any speed your adding power

300lb/ft of torque at 4000rpm is more powerful than 200lb/ft at 4k

this game (and F2) needs fully programmable ecu's (for low power pulling, or
high end hp numbers or a mix)

who's got the old viper and put the ratio's to maximum accel fd and 1st top speeds like 2mph
we need trucks on this thing lol

anyways this is my first post so forgive me, all in all this is the best game end of but it needs to
take ibts off other games

#59 hydroxycut3

hydroxycut3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Jun 9 2005, 12:42 AM) View Post

nos doesn't add horsepower.