• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AirBonk

AirBonk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

So a year ago I bought a softmodded box and it worked fine until this yr. Now after it finishes booting the phoenix bios, the screen goes black and won't boot into unleashX. I have alot of data files I don't want to lose on my xbox so I can't afford a reformat. Here's some steps I'm considering taking:

1) Using a gamesave exploit (007 AUF) to gain ftp access using some disc like ultimate cd

(Here i'm not sure if running a cd like ultimate cd or slayers is the correct thing to do, i'm not sure if it'll reformat my drive automatically without even backing up my eeprom,hdkey and other important files.)

Now, is there a danger to installing another dash like Evox while it's possible that UnleashX is still present in my system? BTW, I have different partitions on my HD, will these show up if I install another dash?

I would like to try Krazie's UXE installer but i'm not sure how to do this without installing another dash like evox and not sure if then it'd give me trouble.

So the ftp access i'd be gaining would be because of Evox? Without Evox I can't gain ftp access another way? I understand the gamesave exploit will allow me to run cd to install Evox.

So what's the best approach to this?

My HD is unlocked btw (160gig)

Edited by AirBonk, 06 June 2005 - 09:48 PM.

#2 AirBonk

AirBonk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

If my dash is updated in the install, would that hurt my oldsetup on my XB? Lets say from 4920 it went to 5960 which I think is the current.

#3 AirBonk

AirBonk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

So a year ago I bought a softmodded box and it worked fine until this yr. Now after it finishes booting the phoenix bios, the screen goes black and won't boot into unleashX. I have alot of data files I don't want to lose on my xbox so I can't afford a reformat. Here's some steps I'm considering taking:

1) Using a gamesave exploit (007 AUF) to gain ftp access using some disc like ultimate cd

(Here i'm not sure if running a cd like ultimate cd or slayers is the correct thing to do, i'm not sure if it'll reformat my drive automatically without even backing up my eeprom,hdkey and other important files.)

Now, is there a danger to installing another dash like Evox while it's possible that UnleashX is still present in my system? BTW, I have different partitions on my HD, will these show up if I install another dash?

I would like to try Krazie's UXE installer but i'm not sure how to do this without installing another dash like evox and not sure if then it'd give me trouble.

So the ftp access i'd be gaining would be because of Evox? Without Evox I can't gain ftp access another way? I understand the gamesave exploit will allow me to run cd to install Evox.

So what's the best approach to this?

Btw, my HD (160gb) in unlocked and my past setup was using an old ms dash (think 4920).

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

this has nothign to do with TSOp flashing, moving to xbe exploits

#5 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

Using a gamesave exploit (007 AUF) to gain ftp access using some disc like ultimate cd

Most gamesave exploits give you ftp access. And you can't put slayers in because it reboots the xbox when you try to swap out the game disk.

Slayers does not automatically format your drive. It boots without doing anything and gives you that option and several others.

Now, is there a danger to installing another dash like Evox while it's possible that UnleashX is still present in my system?

No, dashes can be run just like any other app.

BTW, I have different partitions on my HD, will these show up if I install another dash?

You may have to tell the dash to look for those partitions by editing the .ini file or selecting that option after you load it.

I would like to try Krazie's UXE installer but i'm not sure how to do this without installing another dash like evox and not sure if then it'd give me trouble

To use krayzies installer, your xbox has to be stock. If you can get ftp access, you could delete all the files on your c drive and replace them with stock c files(which can be obtained from slayers)

So the ftp access i'd be gaining would be because of Evox?

Any dash and some programs should give you ftp access.

I understand the gamesave exploit will allow me to run cd to install Evox.

To use the gamesave exploit, you have to boot the game for which the exploit is, then you load a special gamesave that has all the installation files. You cannot switch the disks w/out the xbox resetting.

Btw, my HD (160gb) in unlocked and my past setup was using an old ms dash (think 4920).

Unlocked? did you unlock it because a softmod will not boot if your hdd is unlocked. If it truly is unlocked then you can use xboxhdm to rebuild your hdd however you want to, you need to lock it before you put it back into your xbox. Do you have your eeprom backed up?

#6 tweakmyknob

tweakmyknob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like you might have a flashed TSOP, if your hdd is unlocked...

pheonix bios loader is old and outdated - most people use NKPatcher now...

the gamesave idea sounds like proly' your best bet... i wouldnt use an autoinstaller though in a funny cirumstance like your' in... fire up a gamesave with evox or ltools, which will give you ftp access... MAKE SURE when you do this, you run a backup from evox or ltools and ftp it to your computer to keep your eeprom safe in the case of a bad fix.

now...

heh two posts in a row:

get the uxe-complete package, run *most likely* 71-fonts.bat and nkpatcher-06.bat

which'll give you 2 folders... one containing everything you need for your C drive, and one containing everything you need for your E drive (your dash will load from e:\ROOT)

this includes evox, which shouldnt be a problem for you, but if you want to change your dashboard do so in your e:\ROOT\ folder.

copy the uxe-c-complete files to your c drive... (rename fonts to saaaay oldfonts and xboxdash.xbe to xboxdash.bak first just to be safe) - copy uxe files meant for your e drive - (make sure you have an e:\ROOT\ folder with all the evox files that it comes with...)

that should get you booting... hope that helps...

#7 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

How did you manage to get to Phoenix if the drive is unlocked? I always thought an unlocked drive couldn't work with a soft mod?

#8 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

You can't run an unlocked harddrive in a softmodded box. So either you've got your information mixed up. Or your box is not softmodded it's hard modded either with a TSOP flash or chipped.

As far as gaining ftp access. Do you have a gamesave exploit on your system right now for an exploitable game? If not there is no way to use one unless you hotswap in and manually put it on the drive in the correct partition, folder, etc...

If the exploit or whatever way your system is modded is still in place, then you could create a boot disk with evox on it and gain ftp access that way. Or slayers auto evox installer. Just make sure you have all your network settings correctly configured before you create the disk.

Edited by bdf24, 08 June 2005 - 11:54 AM.

#9 mart123

mart123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

greetings,

i just tried to destroy my 1.6 xbox, wasn't too difficult:
i hotswapped the HD --> with this tutorial it was easy as 123
i let xboxhd create a new C, seemed to work without problem.
so i rebooted my box with Hd connected again but:

after the X-BOX...MS...i end up with a nice error 21!

so i hotswapped again copied the backup back to C, but i still get a
error 21...

know that i know how to mess up things:-)
i would like to know how to get the xbox softmodded with UXE-complete
and boot it up again...

does anyone know what went wrong, in the error tutorial it says:
maybe something with unsigned files? fonts-files?

btw: i copied the font files manually (also the nk patch file) under linux into
the directories of my xboxhdm/linux/C folder (thats what the batch files do or?)

peace&love
mart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users