• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:49 PM

I have a quick question that i need a quick answer to. I'm an installing a duox2 as we speak, and i have an extra xecuter 1.6 rebuild board and i was wondering if this rebuild board will work with the duox2? I traced all the wires and everything, but there is one point that goes to a different spot then the duox2 install manual shows. On the duox2 is shows i need to connect one of the lpc holes to a point on the mobo, but on the rebuild board that lpc hole is connected to another lpc hole that is not used by the duox2. Will it still work? Thanks for the help guys

Edit: NM, just after i posted this i got the smart idea to test, with an ohm meter, to see if that lpc hole is connected to the point on the mobo that the duox2 shows we have to connect that other lpc hole to and sure enough they are. So then the duox2 should work with the xecuter lpc rebuild board....just to let you guys know. lol. Thanks anyways.

Edited by FoxRacR17, 06 June 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#2 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

You can ise the X3 LPC rebuild board...The only others connections you will need are BT and D0 after you install the rebuild board...The point you are referring to is the 3v, the x3 rebuild board uses the laternative one.

Edited by ModdingManiac, 06 June 2005 - 09:54 PM.

#3 starscream1101

starscream1101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

I've always added one more wire....that I've seen on the duox2 rebuild page...

http://www.duomodchi.../duox2_v1.6.jpg

The red wire is what I always added to the rebuild board. I don't need to do this?

#4 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(starscream1101 @ Jun 7 2005, 03:23 PM)
I've always added one more wire....that I've seen on the duox2 rebuild page...

http://www.duomodchi.../duox2_v1.6.jpg
The red wire is what I always added to the rebuild board.  I don't need to do this?

View Post

No you don't, seems someone told someone they needed it on the forums an now alot of people think its needed..The X3 rebuild board uses Pin 15 to get the 3V signal as apposed to the pad on the bottom seen on the Duox2/Aladdin guides. It does the same thing so you don't need the extra wire.

#5 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

i dont think it's a matter of people telling other people they need to use an extra wire to supply this voltage when using the xecuter rebuild board.
It most likely stems from the fact that Xecuter used 3.3v source off the LPC and xodus used 3.3v from the point people are linking (back when the 1.6 machines were still new).
This is just how each respective team chose to get the source voltage, either will work. Adding in the linking wire is redundant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users