• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trylks

trylks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Hi all, I have readed a lot but I'm starting to mix everything and I'm getting confused.

Before installing a XBE exploit I need to use a savegame exploit, don't I? And it doesn't matter my XBox version because them all should work using the game each one requires.

I would like to put a XBE exploit in my XBox so I can put a bigger HD, play games from the HD, view divx and if I can install linux, I think this features don't depend on the XBE exploit but the dashboard we load with it so I'm not worrying about this by now.

My kernel is 5838 and my dashboard is 5659 so I think I should install UXE, but here comes the problem, there's so much information that I can have passed something and there may be a newer or best exploit. Should I install UXE?

I have searched a guide to install UXE, but I found a guide to install UDE2 and a UXE installer I supose it'll be easy to use the installer, but I don't know in which step should I use it and what do I need to use it successfully. A guide to install UXE would be enough too.

I think I had more questions but I'm afraid my brain is suffering overflow. Thank you all, sorry if I'm still too noob.

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

sorry to make you do a little more research, but i would recommend staying away from softmods. if you don't want to put an actual modchip in your xbox, you can do a tsop flash. this is free to do and doesn't require any extra hardware. here are the steps...

solder the following points
http://www.xbox-scen...tsop-images.php

setup the gamesave hack, that you would have done, and run it.

you will be looking at evolutionX, ftp into your xbox, and instead of installing UXE or something like that, put a bios file on your harddrive.

chose flashbios in evolutionX.

this will flash your xbox's onboard bios, and make it act like you have a modchip thats always on. I can go into details if you want specifics, but the tsop flash makes upgrading your harddrive much easier then it would be if you had a softmod setup.

#3 Twitch31

Twitch31

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

Softmodded xboxs are not that hard to upgrade, I did it in about an hour my first time.

#4 trylks

trylks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

I would prefer not to make any soldering as I'm not experienced on it, my XBox is still in the guarantee time and I think the softmod doesn't affect the guarantee.

My XBox version is 1.6, I have hear that a track in the 1.6 version uses 800 instead 600 (I don't remember if it is mA or MHz) so I think chips have a bigger risk of get the board toasted with this version, unless there are new chips special for this version, but I haven't seen them, I don't know if the tsop flash touches this track and what can happen in that case.

I'm not sure if the story of the 1.6 dangerous track is true, if soldering is so hard, and if the heat is really a problem but those and the guarantee (that isn't very important) are the reasons that made me choose a softmod, maybe the choosing is a mistake.

#5 trylks

trylks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:54 PM

I didn't found a way to edit my post, I wrote guarantee instead fo warranty, I hope is understandable anyway.

I've readed that the tsop flash can't be performed in the 1.6 XBoxes so it doesn't matter what tracks does it touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users