• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainParkk

CaptainParkk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

I have a xbox with an upgraded 200gb HD. I may be th only peson who only ligitamently backs their games up instead of stealing games. I keep my games in mint condition safe in storage while i play my games off my xbox. I just bought GTA san andreis for xbox and i copied it and it wont let me run it from the xbox. Im guessing thei is some kind of patch to keep ppl from stealing it. I however want to keep my oiginol in good condition. Can i burn it on a dvd burner and play it on my modded box? or can I some how get past the patch?

#2 xmedia2004

xmedia2004

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Pissing on the StatusQuo
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

Check game region setting in your evox.ini file is it set to North Amer...

#3 fierygt

fierygt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

Just so you are aware...virtually accusing everyone else of illegal activity, and you claiming to be the lone Saint, may not award you very much help in here. This advice is worth way more than the advice you were seeking.

#4 Winchy

Winchy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

If you need to change the region settings then the game obviously (I think) is not one you have bought a real copy of (unless imported (which I doubt you did).

I don't see why your would need to change the region settings if it's the right region.

At a guess, I'd say you're from the UK, downloaded the game, and had to set your region to USA.

But I don't know.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Captainparkk... I, as I bet meny others, do not like you accusing EVERYONE except yourself of piracy. Plenty of people do not back up games they do not own.

MANY people here (myself being one of them) have xbox live, which means they need real versions of the games to play them on live.

As in your very first post you make out that you are the only person who does not commit piracy, it leads me to believe you have infact, downloaded this game. If you do not illegally back up games, why would you bother mentioning it?

Edited by Winchy, 08 June 2005 - 05:12 PM.

#5 mlapaglia

mlapaglia

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

If you need to change the region settings then the game obviously (I think) is not one you have bought a real copy of (unless imported (which I doubt you did).

owned!

#6 Winchy

Winchy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

I'll look stupid when someone comes along and proves me wrong, lol.

But if you have bought a game for your region, I'm sure there would be no need to change your region settings.

#7 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Captainparkk was looking for answers on backing up his original game, he obviously wanted to state that he owned the original game before people started flaming him for his actions. So, if he asked the question "how do i copy this game?" he would have been flamed, he states he owns the game but you still flame him... Like we are ALL perfect..

I'm entitled to my opinion, flame as much as you like.

#8 theavernus

theavernus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

The game regions do need to be changed in Evox for some games. Playboy Mansion is a perfect example, I copied it with DVD2XBOX but had to change the region to North America NTSC it would not play when on Default, so I just use the disk cause I have to change back to default to play Halo 2 or Fifa.....so it is an issue people who use legit copies face.

#9 fierygt

fierygt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

I may be th only peson who only ligitamently backs their games up instead of stealing games.

The problem is the wording. It sounds very arrogant and makes presumptions about people in this forum in which CaptainParkk has been a member for only a day. Also, if he had read "Before Posting a Question or Comment on this site.. please READ! ...", he would have found many other posts related on this very subject.

#10 Winchy

Winchy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(fierygt @ Jun 8 2005, 07:45 PM)
The problem is the wording.  It sounds very arrogant and makes presumptions about people in this forum

View Post

IMO, it sounds like he's talking down to everyone here. Making it sound like we're all low and can't afford games. Which is not the case mad.gif Presuming that no one here pays for games was wrong, and you shouldn't just judge everyone here like that.

But anyway, try the region thing, clear x,y,z folders and E/cache. May sort the problem out.

You could try burning it.

EDIT: BTW, first post was aimed at xmedia2004, I assumed he lived in UK and downloaded in but he's from US. Sorry dude, did not realise sometime you have to change the region even when the game is from that region huh.gif

And Captainpackk... Sorry dude, but you should not be so judgemental about people here. Not everyone just downloads games, many people buy retail games.

Once again, sorry. Don't judge the x-s community on my behaviour. wink.gif
beerchug.gif

Edited by Winchy, 08 June 2005 - 06:49 PM.

#11 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

TOPIC CLOSED : To Much Crap Going On.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users