Gta: Sa Doesn't Load After Copied...
Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:30 AM
I just copied Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas over to my xbox, but there is a slight problem. When I run it from the games menu, I see the defaut Loading screen that is shown when a game is loading, but it stays for a while, then just fades into the dashboard (what shows when the Xbox starts up).
Now, I'm not very smart when it comes to modding stuff [ I bought mine pre-modded], but there may be a correlation with 3 other problems;
1. One time, I started my xbox, and it wanted me to flash the Bios (o_O)? So I took it to a friend's house, and we found that my default.xbe was only 1/10 of what it is supposed to be. We replaced it with his, and everythign worked.
[The next two problems started yesterday]
2. I have my Xbox connected to my network (who doesn't? ). I was able to copy files too and from my xbox until today. I started it, and the IP address read 0.0.0.0, and beside "type", it was blank. It still showed that a network cable was plugged in though, (o_O).
3. For some reason, Xbox Media Center stopped working at the same time as the IP problem. When I load Xbox Media Center from the "apps" menu, it shows the standard loading screen, but then the screen goes all black. I then have to re-start, my xbox.
I've been considering backing up all of my games, formatting my hard-drive, and reloading everything, but that will take a while. In the meantime, I would like to get these all fixed.
If you have a solution for any of these problems, please PM me, or post a reply here.
Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:31 AM
Make sure you're x-box is off
Go to start menu on your computer
Go to run and type cmd
Them input this:
should say IP address released successfully (or something like it)
then turn on your X-Box and possibly reboot your computer
This should do it
as for the game not loading ask darkblizzard
he had the same problem he can help you
Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:40 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:46 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:06 AM
See if you can run it this way
Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:17 AM
See if you can run it this way"
I tried this but again it just fades into the default dashboard.
Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:27 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:21 AM
Edited by grifter66, 08 June 2005 - 05:22 AM.
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:33 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:47 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:48 AM
There are other reasons why it would not boot, again, oddly, it only affects some titles.
If you are an EvoX user, thats the main cause of the problem, so step one would be to do that. For other dash users, the causes can be cache related, OXM demo disc saves, and foregin m$ file saves such as dvd2xbox, lastly, it may be the clock being set incorrectly.
1) Clear the cache in E:/cache and x, y and z partitions.
2) Delete any OXM disc saves, and foreign m$ file saves, such as dvd2xbox
3) Set your clock
IGR can sometimes throw it off too, so if all of the above fail to work, try turning that off.
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:50 AM
Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:55 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users