• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supercomp

supercomp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

Lets say, I have two gamertags, X and Y.

My xbox got banned using gametag X.

However, I didn't realize that my xbox was banned, until I tried to login with gametag Y. At that point, I get error that xbox could not connect to Xbox Live. At which point, I went into troubleshooting mode and found out that I was banned for software and hardware modifications.

So, my question is, is gametag Y flagged, even though I was banned using gamertag X. (or does Xbox live reject banned xboxes before even attempting to login in, in which case my gamertag Y would not be flagged).

I replaced eeprom and replaced the stock hard drive with 40GB IBM hard drive. I am up and running and can connect to Xbox Live (via troubleshooting). But I want to make sure that gamertag Y is not flagged before I do Account Recovery.

Thanks.

#2 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(supercomp @ Jun 9 2005, 03:57 AM)
So, my question is, is gametag Y flagged, even though I was banned using gamertag X. (or does Xbox live reject banned xboxes before even attempting to login in, in which case my gamertag Y would not be flagged).

View Post

Don't know, i would think its not. But this is something that I think hasn't been answered definitively, so when you do test it, be sure to post the answer into a Marriage Theory thread wink.gif

#3 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

I think that both are flagged. From what i understand, any attempt to log in on a banned xbox flags the gt. If you put your old stock hdd in you can still use both of your gt's

Edited by sidewinder33, 10 June 2005 - 07:08 PM.

#4 supercomp

supercomp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 10 2005, 07:17 PM)
I think that both are flagged. From what i understand, any attempt to log in on a banned xbox flags the gt. If you put your old stock hdd in you can still use both of your gt's

View Post

I was using my stock HD when I got banned. So as I understand, I can't use that hard drive anymore with new eeprom.

Anyways, I replaced my eeprom and hd (non-stock HD). I went on live with gamertag Y, and I haven't been banned. So, I will give it couple more days (in case there is lag in banning flagged gt) and post something definitive here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users