X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/xGH0STce11x.jpg[/img]
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

Here's how to get SA to run from the hdd: (This Applies to EvoX users only)

1. From the EvoX dash, select System Utils.

2. Select settings.

3. Scroll Down until you get to the 'Misc' Header.

4. Find the 'TSR' option.

5. Press "A" until it reads "Disabled"

6. Scroll down to "Save and Exit" and press "A"

7. Restart your Xbox.

8. Play GTA: San Andreas!

#2 Damus

Damus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:49 PM

Good lookin out for the fix. Do you know why some games are like this and need this fix? Also can you tell me waht I just did, and if I need to change it back for other games?

Thanks again

Edited by Damus, 08 June 2005 - 09:50 PM.

#3 MANHUNT

MANHUNT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

Hmmm, I did not try it that way. All I did was diable all of the IGR (In Game Reset). In total there are 3 and it worked fine biggrin.gif . I will try that too, Thanks.

#4 GH0STce11

GH0STce11

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

The TSR setting is for using Trainers thru evox.

I guess R* doesn't want you to use trainers in their game. This is really more useful with online games.'

So if you ever plan to use a trainer in another game, you need to set it to normal.

#5 t_mac_ca

t_mac_ca

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Halo 2 modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(MANHUNT @ Jun 8 2005, 06:18 PM)
Hmmm, I did not try it that way. All I did was diable all of the IGR (In Game Reset). In total there are 3 and it worked fine  biggrin.gif . I will try that too, Thanks.

View Post

Where are the locations of the 3 igr's

#6 MANHUNT

MANHUNT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

I am not at home now, but just scroll through the Settings and there are 3 of them, just disable them all and it should work perfect. The same thing I remember happend with Playboy: The Mansion.

#7 Kromwell

Kromwell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

Alright listen up guys. Turning off your systems TSR might work for some, but for myself and several others this was not the problem. From your evox dashboard, scroll down to system settings and enter. Scroll down and find the "In game reset" options (there should be three of them) and make sure all of them are switched to "No". Scroll down and save your setting and reboot your system. Load up GTA san andreas and it should work fine.

#8 GH0STce11

GH0STce11

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Kromwell @ Jun 8 2005, 04:33 PM)
Alright listen up guys. Turning off your systems TSR might work for some, but for myself and several others this was not the problem. From your evox dashboard, scroll down to system settings and enter. Scroll down and find the "In game reset" options (there should be three of them) and make sure all of them are switched to "No". Scroll down and save your setting and reboot your system. Load up GTA san andreas and it should work fine.

View Post

Hmm, i only have one IGR, and it's on, and i can still run the game.
What version of EvoX do u have?

#9 CarCrashClutter

CarCrashClutter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Accomplished bass player. Jackie Chan fan. The Simpsons, the Shield.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:36 AM

Just like I said in the other topic, I was able to get mine to run off the HD by using the original XBE, not the patched one.

#10 Peelz

Peelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:27 AM

TSR fixed the problem in my case, my evox only has one igr setting which is on. left on it will still boot but in game igr will not work at all. Maybe someone has an idea about this? It not crucial, but would be nice if igr worked. Also a friend of mine has an older xbox, it wouldnt even read the disc in his case, and no attempts to boot the game would work(reboot box with disc in drive, look at game disc with file managers) so an hd backup was not possible. Should be able to ftp and get by but it would be nice to know what is the problem. I didnt have the tsr information at that time so I dont know anything about his tsr settings. His dvd drive is the oldest I believe tho. Thanks for any help.

#11 zayski

zayski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hey guys, I couldn't play my backed up copy either but I followed your instructions and disabled all 3 IGR's and now it runs smooth, thanx for the help. This was the first time I actually used the forums for help and it worked out great.

#12 cursor101

cursor101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:41 AM

Disabling TSR also disables my in-game reset. Is this normal? Is there a work around for this?

UPDATE: I got it to work without changing any TSR or IGR settings by simply changing my region code to NTSC. It was on "default" eariler I think.

Edited by cursor101, 10 June 2005 - 12:52 AM.

#13 failurbydesign

failurbydesign

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:48 AM

Hey what TSR? and how do you do in game reset if the TSR is diabled

#14 ofaravilution

ofaravilution

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:37 AM

thank you all! i can't believe i forgot about IGR. i've heard of people having that problem before, but I forgot about it cuz i've never had to disable it for any game. thanks again!

#15 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

If you want IGR to work for ALL games you are going to have to use a BIOS with the COMPATABLE IGR in it. The EVOX m8 has it aswell as the iND-BiOS, thier the only bios's that i use, but id say there are others that use it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users