Photo

A Bit Confused About Dashboards, Xenium Os, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CUclimber

CUclimber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

Yesterday I installed my Xenium SP.ICE chip with relatively few problems. Those little gold wires fought with me pretty hard, but I won in the end. smile.gif

I also flashed my BIOS to the latest version of the Xecuter2, and have successfully installed the newest version of XBMC and have that pretty much all up and running. I'm still a bit confused about the startup sequence for the system though.

When I turn the power on the first thing that comes up is the Xenium OS 2 screen, where I can then choose to load XBMC (which I have set as the Default). Is this normal? Is there any way to just get the Xbox to go into XBMC all by itself assuming there's no disc in the drive? I guess I'm just not really sure what purpose the Xenium OS is serving right now-- is it a dashboard? What's the "normal" way to get this all configured?

Thanks!

#2 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:34 PM

In the launch menu, set the bios you have for xbmc as "default".. then go to settings --> Xenium Settings and turn instant boot on. Tada! It will now boot to XBMC when you power on biggrin.gif

(To boot back into XOS, power on with eject.)

#3 CUclimber

CUclimber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users