X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(CrazeFatman @ Jul 21 2007, 04:36 PM) View Post

Do you really need the router to have them connecct to each other?
Can't I have my pc and the 360 connect directly by ethernet cable?

i believe you can just use a cross over cable. its an ethernet cable, except pairs on the pins are reversed.

#107 bwolf417

bwolf417

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

what about game saves? is their a way to use a usb or some kinda of hombrew?

#108 arkarian

arkarian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:31 AM

ok so i saw the main post however i can find no such icon and have no idea how to send info from my pc to the xbox. I'm not sure how to use my halo 2 mods on the xbox. i think ive put the files under share...but i cant view or use them on the xbox...plez help

#109 Pyro0623

Pyro0623

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Computers and technology, Xbox moddin', Playin' vids on my xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(arkarian @ Aug 25 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

ok so i saw the main post however i can find no such icon and have no idea how to send info from my pc to the xbox. I'm not sure how to use my halo 2 mods on the xbox. i think ive put the files under share...but i cant view or use them on the xbox...plez help

1. Halo hacking is not to be discussed here.

2. it seems the 360 itself as of now can only play WMV/WMA and MP3. I've tried Zune, it refuses to even list anything other than Windows Media and MP3 in the library, let alone stream it. I've also tried putting a video on a USB stick in a multitude of Plain-Jane formats, AVI, Mpg1, Mpg2, Mpg4 and WMV. WMV is the only format that it would list. I have the feeling this is gonna take more than a PC side solution.

Just a quick thought, if someone would like to try and take something in DivX/XviD and change the Extension and the fourCC/Header to match Windows Media and see if they can force play it. lemme know how it turns out.
WMV is basically AVI with a different header (or so im told). it would be a lot quicker to do that than sit there waiting 4 hours for a movie to re-encode.

Edited by Pyro0623, 06 October 2007 - 11:56 AM.

#110 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

you not heard of tvesrsity?

#111 BlakMajick

BlakMajick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Pyro0623 @ Oct 6 2007, 06:31 AM) View Post

1. Halo hacking is not to be discussed here.

2. it seems the 360 itself as of now can only play WMV/WMA and MP3. I've tried Zune, it refuses to even list anything other than Windows Media and MP3 in the library, let alone stream it. I've also tried putting a video on a USB stick in a multitude of Plain-Jane formats, AVI, Mpg1, Mpg2, Mpg4 and WMV. WMV is the only format that it would list. I have the feeling this is gonna take more than a PC side solution.

Just a quick thought, if someone would like to try and take something in DivX/XviD and change the Extension and the fourCC/Header to match Windows Media and see if they can force play it. lemme know how it turns out.
WMV is basically AVI with a different header (or so im told). it would be a lot quicker to do that than sit there waiting 4 hours for a movie to re-encode.

Do a google search for VLC360. It runs on your PC and opens under Media Center on your Xbox 360 and lets you stream just about every media file on your PC over your 360. You can access every drive on your PC to stream files.

And to CrazeFatman you can use the ethernet cable that came with your 360 and yes you can connect directly to your PC. I found it easier to use an extra ethernet card to connect your 360 to and use the ethernet port on your motherboard as the primary connection for your internet. Then you can access your files on the pc and share the internet connection through ICS on the PC. It is covered on Xbox.com.

Edited by BlakMajick, 25 October 2007 - 04:07 AM.

#112 Klinux

Klinux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

I kept my original Xbox with XBMC, I've got all my vids and music on a NAS drive networked wirelessly, I already knew this was the sad state of affairs, you'd of thought that M$ would have learnt from the original Xbox, why didnt they just put Windows Media Player on it and be done with it, its these sort of ideas they have that guarantee it being hacked, personally I wouldnt touch XP media centre edition with someone elses barge pole it is truely awful like vista, I guess we just let M$ keep having there silly ideas and we'l get on and get it to do what it should, My satellite receiver is cleverer than a 360 when it comes to streaming.
I guess if it did have useful functions we'd have nothing to figure out. laugh.gif

#113 reverend_tod

reverend_tod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(korn_16_f_t_l @ May 29 2007, 03:13 AM) View Post

ok iv been playing around w/ media streaming a little bit lately iv gotten a few videos to stream to the 360 i have been using ZUNE (MS suggest using it) iv ran other video through a converter like vedoria 360 converter but still my 360 refuses to see th converted files i know that the 360 can stream video but y cant i stream what i want to stream i could give a damn less about having to convert the files to be compatible

whats this talk about tversity? is this the method i should be using im completly new to the whole streaming thing and just want to be able to convert some video files from my pc and stream them to the xbox to watch in the living room

i'm having the same problem as this guy here, Windows Media Connect is not a part of my control panel and I've done every critical and optional update available on my machine, including SP2. Help?

#114 DreamOrpheus

DreamOrpheus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

Ok, I need to the the opposite of what this topic said.

I need to get something from my 360 to my PC. Is it possible?

Thats right, I need to move something from my 360 over to the PC. I have looked around the net for anything that relates to the subject matter, and the only thing I can find is PC to 360. I can do that, just not the other way around. I'm sure its possible, just can anyone figure it out?

Edited by DreamOrpheus, 02 December 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#115 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(DreamOrpheus @ Dec 2 2007, 11:21 AM) View Post

Thats right, I need to move something from my 360 over to the PC. I have looked around the net for anything that relates to the subject matter, and the only thing I can find is PC to 360. I can do that, just not the other way around. I'm sure its possible, just can anyone figure it out?

Are you talking about copying something from your 360 HDD to your PC? There are a few solutions for this, namely connectivity kits to interface from the HDD to your PC.

#116 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(DreamOrpheus @ Dec 2 2007, 12:21 PM) View Post

okey dokey you can get the sata adapter for your hard drive and use xplorer360Xtreme2 to rip data from the drive to PC. I take my Hard Drive apart everytime and hook it direct to sata on my motherboard and that works great and cheap. smile.gif

#117 Rodiks

Rodiks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

this is a nice thread... learned a lot today... information overload... Game on... tongue.gif

#118 thief

thief

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

After reading all the interesting information, I seem to be able to relate to the situation even tho I am not a 360 owner.

The other week I bought a Pioneer 250 GB HDD recorder with built-in SD tuner. It has a USB port for pluggin in USB keys containing music and another USB port to plug a computer into (the big square type of port). Once I setup the connection b/w the recorder and my PC, I was able to copy media to the recorder's HDD which was gr8, using Windows Media Player 11 ONLY. Note that the recorder appears as a ReadOnly USB device on my notebook in Windows Explorer.

Now I wanted to place my collection of DivX files on the recorder's HDD so that I could watch them on the TV (it supports reading of DivX off the DVD drive) but the manual, and my testing, proves that it would not accept any media other than music. Damn. I can only copy the video recorded on the HDD to a DVD using the recorder but as yet un tested, I can not tell you what format it is recorded in.

I was so cheesed off at this stage. I realised that for the money I paid for the recorder, I could have put together a media PC which would have had network access, USB for all media types and I could do what **I** wanted with it. Ow well.........back to the original topic. mad.gif

#119 busterbrown

busterbrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

A great way to share data from your pc to your xbox 360, is Tversity. It's awesome. Very easy to install and use. Their website is
CODE
http://www.tversity.com/
and their forum's can be found at
CODE
http://forums.tversity.com/

I download a lot of movies. I am able to watch them now on my TV. All I do is add my Movie Folder where all my videos are saved to Tversity.

I believe you have to delete Media Center though in order for Tversity to work.

You can also add Video URL's, Live streaming movies and music, pictures, mp3's, folders, etc...

It's an awesome program that works great with the 360 and I suggest you download it.

Let me know what you think!

Take care,
Buster

#120 urrjay

urrjay

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

Hey people i found a way to get free xbox live and free microsoft points! i will soon give you a link for this webiste. you can also get free games, and any accessory for your xbox 360. if you get the xbox live/microsoft points the website will email you the code within 2 days! If you buy games or accessories they will mail it to you within a week! its a real good deal cuz its free and legal, the xbox launch team stated that this site was legit! you can get stuff other then stuff for xbox, stuff for wii ps3 or games for your PC like world of warcraft! btw you get points from doing free offers and not the ones that you have to pay for. they are really fast and easy to do. well here is the link http://www.prizerebe...ex.php?r=293917
tell everyone you know about this! good luck and have a great time with your prizes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users