6 replies to this topic

#1 Diesel2005

Diesel2005

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:56 PM

I'm just wondering if its the same way to upgrade the hard drive on a softmodded xbox then a xbox that has a chip?

I won't be using LIVE

#2 Winchy

Winchy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

Either build it in a xbox WITH a modchip, build it with xbhdm, or do a tspo flash then build it in your xbox.

I won't go into too much detail until you chose one you want to do.

There might me another way, *waits for cmiz to come and write his knowlegeable words*

#3 Diesel2005

Diesel2005

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE(Winchy @ Jun 9 2005, 08:53 PM)
Either build it in a xbox WITH a modchip, build it with xbhdm, or do a tspo flash then build it in your xbox.

I won't go into too much detail until you chose one you want to do.

There might me another way, *waits for cmiz to come and write his knowlegeable words*

View Post

Just to clear things up.

My xbox is already softmodded right now but i just want to put a 120gb hard drive in it. So i'm just asking if i use the xbox modchip method.

#4 Winchy

Winchy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:46 AM

You cannot just pop the hard drive into your soft modded xbox, boot up slayer's, then instal everything.

A softmodded xbox with a hard drive with no files on is like a world with no oxygen.
You'll get no where.

There would be no way for it to load a boot disc as there is no exploit on the hard drive.

You must use a method that I posted.

#5 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

BE SURE TO BACKUP ALL EEPROM AND HD LOCK CODES TO YOUR STOCK HD FIRST!!!!

use xboxhdm on your pc to build a stock hd image on your pc then ftp all the contents of your c and e drive (minus games and music and videos etc JUST THE SYSTEM FILES AND APPS/DASHBOARDS) to your pc and then add them to the image.

use the xboxhdm to create a boot disc on a cdr that contains the image file you made and the installer.

then turn off your pc and remove its HD and replace it with the new HD with jumper set as master.

turn on ur pc and insert the cdr into ur rom drive. it will boot from cd and give you all the options to create a new hard drive etc. check that the drive is unlocked before u begin. use the command to copy over BOTH the c and e drives of the image on cd.

this should format, partition and install all of the files that were on your stock HD including the softmod. RELOCK THE HARD DRIVE BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

remove the hd and reset the jumper to cable select and put it in your xbox.

should reboot normally.

any corrections etc please add

hope this helps

Gaz

#6 dgjonaj6

dgjonaj6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

hey guys i am a noob with a question i cant seem to put emulators on my softmoded box i ftp the files into a created emulators folder it just doesnt doesnt show up on my screen but it is on the harddrive i dont know how to fix this maybe i am doin something wrong but it works like that when i put it on a hardmod box so i dont know what is going on help please!!!!!!

#7 Diesel2005

Diesel2005

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Jun 10 2005, 11:26 AM)
BE SURE TO BACKUP ALL EEPROM AND HD LOCK CODES TO YOUR STOCK HD FIRST!!!!

use xboxhdm on your pc to build a stock hd image on your pc then ftp all the contents of your c and e drive (minus games and music and videos etc JUST THE SYSTEM FILES AND APPS/DASHBOARDS) to your pc and then add them to the image.

use the xboxhdm to create a boot disc on a cdr that contains the image file you made and the installer.

then turn off your pc and remove its HD and replace it with the new HD with jumper set as master.

turn on ur pc and insert the cdr into ur rom drive. it will boot from cd and give you all the options to create a new hard drive etc. check that the drive is unlocked before u begin. use the command to copy over BOTH the c and e drives of the image on cd.

this should format, partition and install all of the files that were on your stock HD including the softmod. RELOCK THE HARD DRIVE BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

remove the hd and reset the jumper to cable select and put it in your xbox.

should reboot normally.

any corrections etc please add

hope this helps

Gaz

View Post

Is there any i can get your msn because i'm having problems upgrading my hd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users