• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikey6866

mikey6866

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:52 AM

Can someone please help me, I just got my SP Ice solderless for my 1.6, using the ice guide. I installed the chip and it was fairly easy and only took me about 20-30 minutes. All 5 LED's light red before i put the chip on , then when i put the chip on 4 LED's are (red) on and according to the ice guide everything is good. I hook up my XBOX and it wont boot up anything and the eject button is flashing orange. I didnt use any solder so i know its not a solder splash. Has anybody encounted this before?? Is there an easy fix for this??? any help appreciated. thanks

Mike

#2 tbg1111

tbg1111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(mikey6866 @ Jun 10 2005, 09:03 AM)
Can someone please help me, I just got my SP Ice solderless for my 1.6, using the ice guide.  I installed the chip and it was fairly easy and only took me about 20-30 minutes. All 5 LED's light red before i put the chip on , then when i put the chip on 4 LED's are (red) on and according to the ice guide everything is good. I hook up my XBOX and it wont boot up anything and the eject button is flashing orange. I didnt use any solder so i know its not a solder splash. Has anybody encounted this before?? Is there an easy fix for this??? any help appreciated. thanks

Mike

View Post

I just went through this with a 1.6 box. When you get the 5 LED's and put the chip up, make sure you align the chip right with the prongs. Your chip could be in recovery mode, make sure the switch is covering the black dot. If all goes well and you put the chip on correctly the chip will have a Green light up. good luck.

#3 mikey6866

mikey6866

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

thanks man. Yeah it turns out all I had to do is move that little switch over. I dunno know why they wouldent just have it already set for you, it sure would have been a lot less hassle for me. All in all the S.P. Ice was definately worth it, pretty easy and effortless install for a 1.6b.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users