Whyamiy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Hi, i was just wondering if it was possible to skip tracks on the user's custom soundtrack? i have a LOT of songs on my hdd and if you cant skip some tracks it's abit crap....?????

Also the sound quality is really crap because they sound like youre listing to it on a really cheap tinny radio, i suppose it's supposed to be like that cos thats how radios are, but it only seems noticable on the custom soundtrack sad.gif

#2 BranTRoz

BranTRoz

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3 Lite + w/ Seagate Barracuda 120gb hd<br />CCXtream<br />XBMC<br />Kai<br />;)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

Not sure about the first option...

About the 2nd (radio quality), this actually differs by vehicle. There are points (later in the game) when you can customize certain vehicles--among the upgrades are custom radio add-ons, including improvements to Bass, EQ, etc.

-B

#3 Ha-Y-N

Ha-Y-N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

[quote=Whyamiy,Jun 10 2005, 01:06 PM]Hi, i was just wondering if it was possible to skip tracks on the user's custom soundtrack? i have a LOT of songs on my hdd and if you cant skip some tracks it's abit crap....?????

On the D-Pad:
Use the Left or Right buttons to switch tracks in the current directory (folder where the music is stored).

Use the Up or Down buttons to switch between directories (folder where the music is stored).

Hope this helps!! beerchug.gif

Edited by Ha-Y-N, 10 June 2005 - 10:58 PM.

#4 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:08 AM

Aloha Ha-Y-N! I'm kinda new to GTA, but could you help me get my custom radio station goin'? Which folder on my HDD do I put my mp3s into? How do you add commercials and whatnot? I'm up North Shore area, you?

#5 jaigandhi5

jaigandhi5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(leeko98 @ Jun 13 2005, 01:19 AM)
Aloha Ha-Y-N!  I'm kinda new to GTA, but could you help me get my custom radio station goin'?  Which folder on my HDD do I put my mp3s into?  How do you add commercials and whatnot?  I'm up North Shore area, you?

View Post

http://forums.xbox-s...pic=112391&st=0

#6 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:00 AM

Thanks, but now what? I've created a new soundtrack, but can't seem to drag n' drop any songs into the list. Did I forget something? How does the GTA game read its contents? Does it play it as a playlist with commercials? Do I have to configure something on the pause menu of the game?

#7 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

the radio drives me insane. i set it to a certain station but still i get in a car and 90% of the time its on a random station and i have to flip through to one i like. i wish they just did a 'walkman' instead of in car stereo. im sick of hearing a good song and having to jump out of the car, or looking at the map and the song stops. at Least make the music keep going when in the pause screen shesh.

forza had a great in game music setup.

#8 Ha-Y-N

Ha-Y-N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(leeko98 @ Jun 13 2005, 12:11 AM)
Thanks, but now what?  I've created a new soundtrack, but can't seem to drag n' drop any songs into the list.  Did I forget something?  How does the GTA game read its contents?  Does it play it as a playlist with commercials?  Do I have to configure something on the pause menu of the game?

View Post

Aloha leeko98,

Now that you've gotten the soundtrack created (hopefully you've used the xbox soundtrack editor to do that), right click in the 'right side' window then select add tracks... remember to have the tracks in .wmv format... browse your PC for these tracks then add them to the soundtrack directory of your choice. beerchug.gif
As for commercials, I thought I was told that commercials play in custom soundtracks as well as normal radio but have yet to hear one.. dry.gif

Hope this helps.
btw, I am in Salt Lake City Utah... moved here a couple of years ago for work! blink.gif

#9 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for your help, man. I've finally figured it out...duh! smile.gif What's your email addy? I was gonna ask you somethin' else. Mahalo again.

#10 Ha-Y-N

Ha-Y-N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(leeko98 @ Jun 13 2005, 02:43 PM)
What's your email addy?  I was gonna ask you somethin' else.

View Post

You can PM me with any questions... smile.gif

#11 leomonkey420

leomonkey420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

ph34r.gif I dont know if this helps or not but regarding the commercials. I tried renaming my soundtrack name itself to Radio and it seemed to work. Im honestly not sure if that actually had anything to do with it but before that I couldnt get them to work. ph34r.gif

#12 leomonkey420

leomonkey420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

ph34r.gif I dont know if this helps or not but regarding the commercials. I tried renaming my soundtrack name itself to Radio and it seemed to work. Im honestly not sure if that actually had anything to do with it but before that I couldnt get them to work. ph34r.gif

#13 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(Ha-Y-N @ Jun 14 2005, 04:08 AM)
As for commercials, I thought I was told that commercials play in custom soundtracks as well as normal radio but have yet to hear one..  dry.gif

View Post

I get them pretty frequently... blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users