• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scottyzb

scottyzb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:17 AM

I just started GTA San Andreas and decided to get as many oysters as I could to start out before doing any missions. I was swimming around San Fiero and while in the water and not on or near land or a sand bar I somehow managed to get the unwelcome visitor 4-star rating. I had been swimming for about 45 min by now since my last save, building up stamina and health and did not want to repeat the mammoth swim from the lighthouse at Santa Maria so I threw in the cheat code to reduce my rating (something I would usually never do, I didn't do it once in 3 or VC). Anyway, it worked and I got the rest of the oysters I could collect and went to CJ's and saved not noticing the warning it gave me. I played for a while longer and saved again and noticed the message warning about saving with cheats enabled corrupting save files (oh shit I only have one).

I read that this is common in the PS2 version, but haven't seen anything about it for the XBOX. My game seems to be working fine, but I don't want to keep playing only to have it screw me somewhere down the road.

Has anyone had a problem with this, or is there a hack to fix it?

#2 chuxterofdoom

chuxterofdoom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

you should be fine. I've played all 3 gtas with cheats on ps2 and xbox and never had a problem with corrupt saves. They would always load up just fine.

#3 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

I use cheats all the time as weel, and havn't had any problems with the gamesaves.

#4 Cyfun

Cyfun

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

The cheats that severly affect the game may cause save games to corrupt, but I highly doubt that this cheat will cause any problems. I know I've done it a few times myself under similar circumstances in all 3 games.

#5 zirjacks

zirjacks

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:48 PM

I have a save issue, when I start the game up it says that there is not enough blocks to save the game must have atleast 31 blocks. Press A to continue. Didnt happen until I got to the San Fiero part. At that point I tried to save and the game gave me a saved failed error saying there was not enough space, and now my previous save is gone. I am using the san andreaes trainer, no button cheats.

I have 18 gigs left on my hard drive, any ideas?

#6 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(zirjacks @ Jun 21 2005, 04:59 PM)
I have a save issue, when I start the game up it says that there is not enough blocks to save the game must have atleast 31 blocks. Press A to continue. Didnt happen until I got to the San Fiero part. At that point I tried to save and the game gave me a saved failed error saying there was not enough space, and now my previous save is gone. I am using the san andreaes trainer, no button cheats.

I have 18 gigs left on my hard drive, any ideas?

View Post

how much do you have left on the e? use the xbox dash to find out how many blocks u have left u may be full up.

#7 zirjacks

zirjacks

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

Dang, you are right, E is almost full. Had to delete some of the saves I never use anymore and that solved the problem. Thanks buddy! Just one more thing I have learned from the great people at the SCENE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users