X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:20 AM

Hey i heard someone said you cant put a modchip in the special edition xboxes, such as the panzer dragoon orta one. Is this true? If it is, would it be possible to flash the tsop? Just curious

-john5

Edited by johnney5, 30 March 2003 - 02:51 AM.

#2 rubrduk

rubrduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:26 AM

why wouldn't you be able to?

it's just a white Xbox,...not black

#3 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:52 AM

anyone got their panzer dragoon boxes modded?

#4 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, computing. Anything Geeky and I'm in. :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 March 2003 - 03:12 AM

I havent even seen it, anyone gotta link?

#5 species8472

species8472

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 03:13 AM

it is possible that MS is cracking down on people using mod chips, and they have modified the box to be modchip proof, but sooner or later someone will figure out how to get a modchip to work on it.

#6 Valentin Zukovsky

Valentin Zukovsky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 04:32 AM

Who would want to mess with a PDO Xbox? It will be worth so much in later years.

#7 rubrduk

rubrduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Valentin Zukovsky @ Mar 30 2003, 05:32 AM)
Who would want to mess with a PDO Xbox? It will be worth so much in later years.

bullcrap!!

just like all of those baseball cards sitting in my closet that worthless now because they weren't kept in a sealed vault, and all that crap that was special edition this, limited production that,....you ever see what 99.9% of that stuff sells for 10 years later? - about the same you bought it for originally or maybe a couple bucks more!!,...it won't be worth anything untill its 30 - 40 years old or older,...and then it's only worth something to those that are collecting that crap!

you ever see those special edition black NES's - yeah, they sell for about $100-150 unopened, storetroom new,...about the same they sold for brand new back in the day! (controversially the most sought after video game system ever,...and you probably haven't even ever heard of it!!) - in the meantime you have to take care of it, not play it, store in a safe place, never let you friends use it, etc...

bullcrap,...what is a Porshe designed for? it's designed to go 180mph and zero - 60 in less than 4 seconds,....not driven by some middle age woman on sunny days,...the car was made to be railed hard - and it's gonna get damaged because of it!! i have all the respect for exotics cars that are wrecked, curbed, scuffed, etc... because they were raced or driven hard (stupidity and drunk driving is a different story and just dumb)

Now you tell me,....what was an Xbox made for?

#8 Marmite

Marmite

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (rubrduk @ Mar 30 2003, 12:00 AM)

I use mine as a plate.

#9 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Marmite @ Mar 30 2003, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (rubrduk @ Mar 30 2003, 12:00 AM)

I use mine as a plate.

lol i did my homework on it once....and i always put drinks on the jewel, no matter how risky the 'sliding off the jewel spilling on hardware' factor is.....

#10 aiax

aiax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 06:53 PM

yeah rubdruk it's right live with your box USE it in any way ,exploit it ,this is what is made for...........if u modded it it'll be beautiful yes but i can't only watch it ,i have to open and destroy it at least once a week!!!!

LIVE YOUR BOX!!!!!!!!!!
dry.gif sorry,i know i'm abnormal guy ph34r.gif

#11 Valentin Zukovsky

Valentin Zukovsky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 06:53 PM

bullcrap!!

just like all of those baseball cards sitting in my closet that worthless now because they weren't kept in a sealed vault, and all that crap that was special edition this, limited production that,....you ever see what 99.9% of that stuff sells for 10 years later? - about the same you bought it for originally or maybe a couple bucks more!!,...it won't be worth anything untill its 30 - 40 years old or older,...and then it's only worth something to those that are collecting that crap!

you ever see those special edition black NES's - yeah, they sell for about $100-150 unopened, storetroom new,...about the same they sold for brand new back in the day! (controversially the most sought after video game system ever,...and you probably haven't even ever heard of it!!) - in the meantime you have to take care of it, not play it, store in a safe place, never let you friends use it, etc...

bullcrap,...what is a Porshe designed for? it's designed to go 180mph and zero - 60 in less than 4 seconds,....not driven by some middle age woman on sunny days,...the car was made to be railed hard - and it's gonna get damaged because of it!! i have all the respect for exotics cars that are wrecked, curbed, scuffed, etc... because they were raced or driven hard (stupidity and drunk driving is a different story and just dumb)

10 Years from now, you will see.

#12 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

I dont care about what its worth, the panzer dragoon box is sick

#13 GaLLant

GaLLant

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 09:50 PM

I personally think it looks like crap.
dry.gif

#14 xboxlord

xboxlord

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:26 PM

if special edition boxes can't be modded, M$ would make every box the same way...so the obvious answer is no...

#15 rubrduk

rubrduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Valentin Zukovsky @ Mar 30 2003, 07:53 PM)

bullcrap!!

10 Years from now, you will see.

i'm 27 years old,...i've seen them in some sort or another already - i've seen old people horde trinket crap in hopes of being on Antique Roadshow just for soemone to tell them its worth $50 - anyways,...how much do you think a spec ed Xbox is gonna be worth - what, $500 in 50 years?! Do you really want to keep that thing that long? i sure don't,...i'm gonna have a ps10, Super Duper Xbox Supreme, and Gamething beside my holographic projection tv!!

Not to mention that my Xbox is worth that right now,...i could sell it tomorrow for $500 to some non-modder schmuck that hangs at the arcade!!

The Xbox is nothing special,...it's just something that keeps my attention for a couple hours at a time,...that's more than i can say for most chicks and their boring a$$ stories about cats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users