• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Hey, im somewhat new to this, so please don't hate me if the solution is obvious rolleyes.gif

Well, whenever i try to transfer some files to my xbox, either via. Flash FPX or Explorer. It just rejects them with no apparent reason. Sometimes it helps renameing the files, and sometimes i can't do anything about it, and its killing me!

Its mostly media files, like songs or movies, haven't tried much else. Cloud it be some protocol i need to install or what?

If you write what info you need, i will reply asap. Like error messages or file types, names n ' stuff..

Hope you can help!

#2 JediHampster

JediHampster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

I had that exact problem with some Family Guy episodes a while back, but I just left it alone...it was not that important to me. Just wrote this reply to let you know it has happened before.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

Its to do with the length of the filenames at a guess

#4 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

Yea sounds like an issue with bad filenames..... commas cant be transfered over i believe and there are a few others. I would get the latest XBMC build and then transfer while you in that program. It will rename the files as necessary so you dont need to worry about it. wink.gif

#5 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

Nope, i even tryed renameing them 1.avi - At one avi file it diden't work at first, then i tried removeing all the - , . ' so on and it worked. It seems that sometimes i can trasfer files that are called Lalalal_2942??fs.[dfd] - and sometimes it won't even transfer 1.avi - very weird! and highly annoying! mad.gif

#6 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

Try a different dashboard or try XBMC like i said... you could also try using a different FTP program. Sounds like it could be a couple different things. Just try a different dashboard first to see if its on the xbox end of things.... then try a diff FTP program and just break it down until you find out what exactly is causing it.

#7 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

Oki, have to go offline to do it tough. Ill just try to have Media Center running in the back while i transfer..

#8 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

Make sure you get the latest release of it though, seems they have added better ftp support wink.gif one after 5/22/05

#9 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Diden't work.. how is it i check my media center version again?

#10 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:34 PM

Not sure how to check it, but id recomend just getting the newest one anyway and trasnfering it over just in case. Try a different FTP program, what are you using currently?

#11 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:41 PM

I tried explorer and flash fxp so far..

In my media it says: Build Version 1.0.0

But just tried with ava running instead, same result. I think its my PC its wrong with, i have to try from another PC some day..

I just got my black box, so i have no idea how to install stuff like media center, any handy links for some faqs or guides?

cheers

#12 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

Not really, for "installing" XBMC you just gotta get the latest one from xbins or any other program from there, and transfer it over to your xbox. I have no idea why your having such issues with transfering. sad.gif

#13 Morville

Morville

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

Yeah well, i think ill transfer the files to another PC and try it from there..

Thanks for the help anyways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users