• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 $ony_sucks

$ony_sucks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:45 PM

i swear when i created an iso of gta:sa and used the virtual cd to launch the iso that gta:sa ran much better compared to playing the game on a dvd or using the hard drive. for those who dont know the driveimage utilities can run a game that makes the xbox think you're using a dvd but really running the game off the hard drive. anyways... can it make games run better instead of just ripping the whole game to the hard drive? i think it has stopped like 50 percent of the stutter problems with gta:sa but i might just be crazy

#2 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

Not even ONE game (DVD low quality/Retail/HD rip) has stuttered. Perhaps the HD ur using or the cable (you use stock or ultra/80 wire?) doesn't handle the loose files very fast (fragmentation v.s. one big file seems duh to me)

#3 $ony_sucks

$ony_sucks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

have you played gta: sa?

#4 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:58 PM

i have played gta sa backup and is doesn't stutter one bit... in fact it was one of the things about sa i was pleased about because of the stutter when on foot in vice city

#5 $ony_sucks

$ony_sucks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:11 AM

hmm thats odd... ive tested it on 3 of my xbox's all using a wd 80 gig hd and updated exploits and all stutter big time when it rains and stutters when i drive. yeah on foot is about 90 percent smooth but it still has some problems but almost flawless compared to the likes of vice city

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users