#16 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:18 AM

Heh , is a piece of crap , dont know whats all the crap PS2 Fanboys are screaming that this is a good game when is the same shit all over again. same GTA just prettier , just now you control a black dude instead of an italian bitch.

Is it just me or everything i look is becoming boring on all Systems? the only things that have kept me happy is my DS cause of the Touching thing.

#17 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:07 AM

Yeah.. I dont know if I'm just super jaded or what, but I feel the same way. I'm totally bored with all games right now and it doesnt look like there's any good games on the horizon. Maybe there will be something that will blow me away when the xbox360 comes out. I'm more of a RPG guy, but seems most of those are a let down aswell. The next installment of the elder schrolls looks promising though. I was actually having fun with gta, but after getting so frustrated that I take it out on my girl and friends its just not worth it. This is my 2nd gtaless day and I'm alot more chilled. I talked to JayFNG earlier and he's going to upload a save to codejunkies and gamefaqs on monday for everyone who is stuck on that damn learning to fly mission.. So guess I'll start playing that again...

#18 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:09 AM

Xbox does get boring sometimes, the only way to not make it boring is to get new games. The only reason why I started playing GTA San Andreas is because I heard alot of rumors that it was better then Halo 2 and one of the best games out there, well thats bullshit. I agree with you on San Andreas Infamous One, the only difference from Vice City is that now you controll a black guy. However for some reason, I enjoyed Vice City more then San Andreas. The missions in San Andreas seem to get boring to me but the missions in Vice City were fun.

#19 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(THDVL @ Jun 19 2005, 02:18 AM)
Yeah.. I dont know if I'm just super jaded or what, but I feel the same way. I'm totally bored with all games right now and it doesnt look like there's any good games on the horizon. Maybe there will be something that will blow me away when the xbox360 comes out. I'm more of a RPG guy, but seems most of those are a let down aswell. The next installment of the elder schrolls looks promising though. I was actually having fun with gta, but after getting so frustrated that I take it out on my girl and friends its just not worth it. This is my 2nd gtaless day and I'm alot more chilled. I talked to JayFNG earlier and he's going to upload a save to codejunkies and gamefaqs on monday for everyone who is stuck on that damn learning to fly mission.. So guess I'll start playing that again...

View Post

Heh, I was so pissed off at that RC Plane mission where you work with Zero that I broke my Xbox controller.

#20 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

Hey don't put the controller down just yet...

In the flying mission remember to put the landing gear up and you should beat it no prob. (click the right thumbstick in)

I feel lik an idiot.... put that was the reason I could never reach the 1st corona. And replayed the othe flying test and remembered I had to put up my landing gear.

Hopefully, this helps all those who were stuck... and this point.... Play on, I hear the rest of the game after this point is the best. ( haven't beaten it yet either but had to drop this message for everyone ... wish me luck!)

Strikelong

#21 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

the mission where you rob the stuff from the army and then it says get back to the hide out but I can't find out where the place is. Is it over around where you can pimp your ride out?

#22 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(DjO @ Jun 21 2005, 09:05 AM)
the mission where you rob the stuff from the army and then it says get back to the hide out but I can't find out where the place is.  Is it over around where you can pimp your ride out?

View Post

You mean in near the beginning of the game where you use the forklift to load crates? The destination is marked on the map (and radar) as a blip.

I donít recall exactly, but wasnít it in La Playa Seville (kinda near the racing stadium)?

#23 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:56 AM

is it the same place that you return the stuff you rob from people's house's? Cause there isn't a blip on my radar screen.

Edited by DjO, 21 June 2005 - 04:57 AM.

#24 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:17 AM

I think I recall I had a blip, at least on the map if not the radar...

But at any rate, you've got to head back to the area where you met Emmet (the old guy who first gave you the pistol). There's a red "finish area" there.

You should be able to do it without having to tell Ryder to chuck any of the crates if you hussle.

#25 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

do you get more points for the more crates you have?

#26 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:20 AM

Don't think so. All you get is Respect (no cash).

#27 youngdosha31

youngdosha31

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

Yea learning to fly is a bitch. I gave up a few times too but i always came back. I'm a little bit farther into that level and am stuck in a mission where I have to save this mob guy from an ambulence but when i get to the end of the mission and park the ambulence in the red circle the game zooms in and freezes. Done it twice and ended the same way. Frustrateing. Owe with the last zero mission, the trick is when he stops and asks you to get em a bridge take that time to pick up a barrel and drop it on the tanks a couple times. they'll blow up after two drops each and with the other chopper drop the bomb on em.

#28 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

Learning to fly is easy. Switch to the view where you are looking out the front of the plane. (Like first-person, but it's not a person, it's a vehicle.) It will make a world of difference.

As for the Zero RC plane mission, don't hold down the left trigger the whole time. It uses too much fuel. Go after the motorbike with two people on it first (to the north/left) Once you nail it, the rest are easy. Make sure you line up your shots before you fire, because when you start shooting, they start running and shooting back, which makes it much tougher.

Seriously, this game rocks, and is probably overall the easiest GTA game yet. Letting a couple tough missions like this stop you is pretty bad.

#29 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

Ok guys, I've got some great news. The guys over at maxconsole constantly amaze me! RoBoZeO has just released 2.4 of his awesome GTA:SA trainer. There is now a schools option. This will give you 100% on all schools.. Yes it works on the extremly difficult, terrible, dreaded "learning to fly" mission biggrin.gif All you need to do is take off and fly that baby straight into the ground and you will pass. He's also added an option for unsensored girlfriends. Icing on the cake! Anyone having trouble with any of the school missions should go grab this gem of a trainer and save yourselves alot of time and frustration. Maxconsole Forums
Oh yeah.. a little tip for those having hell with the Zero missions. Theyre all optional. I've only done 3 of em and I've unlocked all of the cities. Have fun!

#30 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

Okay, I don't want to flame anyone, but you all got me worried about Learning to Fly...

And now what? One retry on Circle and Land and two retrys on the Loop the Loop (needed 1st person view). Golds on four tests first time out and done in about ten minutes flat...

So, what was all the hubbub about? huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users