#1 drift55

drift55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:56 AM

So here's my situation: I haven't played with my XBOX for 2 weeks, I turn it on this Saturday and it seems all okay. I decide to switch to another BIOS just to test something so I go into Xenium OS and load another bios (which is already flashed on the chip). All is good, and I keep playing my games. On Sunday, I load up EvoX and go into XBMC to watch a DVD. I throw the DVD in the tray and watch the movie and turn off the XBOX. I realized I left the DVD in the drive after I turned off the XBOX, so I press the eject button, and then realized that the eject button is to go straight into Xenium OS. So I expect Xenium OS to load up and then I thought I could just eject the DVD from there. To my surprise, the XBOX LEDs flash red for awhile, and then goes straights into the BIOS boot up screen (iND BIOS) and then I'm in EvoX. I turn off the XBOX, and then try to get into Xenium OS again with the eject button, and the same thing happens. I check to see if my games are still working (form the HD), and the saved profiles for some of my games have become corrupt, but not all my saved games.

I've already looked through some other threads but I'm still a little confused with this problem. It seems it may be the eeprom? I have no idea what the eeprom is though. I thought maybe the Xenium OS may have gotten corrupt, so maybe I can try using the recovery switch on the chip it self?

Any help will be much appreciated! cool.gif

#2 drift55

drift55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

anyone? would the iND bios even load if the chip fried?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users