Photo

Pedro’s Forzabintoolz – Official Support Thread.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 ZPaul2Fresh8

ZPaul2Fresh8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:CamaroZ28.com, my Camaro SS(Gone now ZX6-R :-), programming, Xbox, my Son and Daughter.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

Transparency works like a charm smile.gif

I wish I could add graphics to the windshields... sad.gif

#32 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:36 PM

Pedros -

One issue i have found is that when you have applied the transparency (with 24 to 32) you sometimes still have some green outlining around the image (colour bleed)

you can see this in the above example of Mario.. (the faint green line around the top of the star)

Is their a simple way to avoid this, or do we just have to edit out all the 0 245 0 to 0 255 0 range?

edit: thinking about it, we could probably use a less conspicuous colour ie. grey rather than vivid green

Edited by Dagoth, 29 June 2005 - 12:39 PM.

#33 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(Dagoth @ Jun 29 2005, 01:47 PM)
Pedros -

One issue i have found is that when you have applied the transparency (with 24 to 32) you sometimes still have some green outlining around the image (colour bleed)

you can see this in the above example of Mario.. (the faint green line around the top of the star)

Is their a simple way to avoid this, or do we just have to edit out all the 0 245 0 to 0 255 0 range?
edit: thinking about it, we could probably use a less conspicuous colour ie. grey rather than vivid green

View Post

I could be wrong here but.....

I think this is a case of the art tools trying to be too clever.

When you flood fill the background area with your marker colour, on collision with a border colour the art tool blends the colour into the borders it hits, using a generated half-tone colour - between the pure marker green and the border colour. The fact of the matter is, you are making the marker colour’s palette entry fully transparent, so any green remaining isn’t the pure marker colour.

user posted image

You may be able to lessen/stop this effect by turning off any anti-aliasing, and blending settings.

Upping the flood fills "tolerance" (from 20 to 50), and repeating the flood fill captured the half-tone pixels for me.

Edited by PedrosPad, 29 June 2005 - 02:46 PM.

#34 Qwaz

Qwaz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

all i do is simply use the background colour that i will use in the game behind my image, then the half tone colours look perfect

#35 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Pedros - looks like I'll have to perform some editing on my images with a 1 pixel brush & block out the halftones dry.gif

#36 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Dagoth @ Jun 29 2005, 04:50 PM)
Thanks Pedros -  looks like I'll have to perform some editing on my images with a 1 pixel brush & block out the halftones  dry.gif

View Post

or, up the flood fills "tolerance" and repeat the background flood fill. Easier. smile.gif

#37 ZPaul2Fresh8

ZPaul2Fresh8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:CamaroZ28.com, my Camaro SS(Gone now ZX6-R :-), programming, Xbox, my Son and Daughter.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

What I do (In Photoshop) is choose my transparent color as my '2nd' color then bust out the ol' magic wand and delete the selected area. The deleted area is filled in with the 2nd color choice. No anti-aliasing there.

#38 psfreimroc

psfreimroc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:06 AM

Quaz, I find that "32-bit PNG, BMP & TGA to TGA... EXE" creates the transparencies in alpha, but doesn't use 256 color palette. How can I reduce palette without losing the alphas?

#39 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(psfreimroc @ Jul 21 2005, 09:17 AM)
Quaz, I find that "32-bit PNG, BMP & TGA to TGA... EXE" creates the transparencies in alpha, but doesn't use 256 color palette. How can I reduce palette without losing the alphas?

View Post

I'm unaware of any existing tool that supports 32bit transparent TGA palette entries. I looked around before I succumbed to creating TGAToolz.

AhaView (only a slide show program unfortunately sad.gif) is the only program I found.

Edited by PedrosPad, 26 July 2005 - 12:16 PM.

#40 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Jul 26 2005, 10:07 AM)
I'm unaware of any existing tool that supports 32bit transparent TGA palette entries.  I looked around before I succumbed to creating TGAToolz.

AhaView (only a slide show program unfortunately sad.gif) is the only program I found.

View Post

An email exchnage with the authors of AhaView:

Hi there,

On this page http://www.aha-soft..../tga-viewer.htm, you state that AhaView can "View palettised TGA with Alpha channel".  Please can you let me know what program creates this format TGA files?  What did you use to create your own test data for this feature?

Many thanks,

Pedro.

Reply:
Hello Pedro,

I do not know which software crates such files. One user sended me
such files, I have sent this file to other person, and he has added
support for such files. We have one such file only.

So no help there sad.gif.

Edited by PedrosPad, 26 July 2005 - 12:17 PM.

#41 eapraven69

eapraven69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:04 AM

i cant get the hang of this. is there a website that has decals.bin files with custom images already on it and have them in catagroies like if someone made a decals.bin file with Mostly or new Star Wars decals this would be under a catagorie called Movie images or a star wars catagorie etc. can some one help? i have tried all the tool and programs to do this but i still cant get it to work!

#42 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(eapraven69 @ Aug 8 2005, 05:15 AM)
i cant get the hang of this.  is there a website that has decals.bin files with custom images already on it and have them in catagroies like if someone made a decals.bin file with Mostly or new Star Wars decals this would be under a catagorie called Movie images or a star wars catagorie etc.  can some one help?  i have tried all the tool and programs to do this but i still cant get it to work!

View Post

Unfortunately this won't happen, as the decals.bin file is a copyrighted file from M$ (I mentioned this exact same scenario to Angerwound a couple of months ago)

The was some talk of an Images section of the Forzacustoms site that was going to be created but this till has not happened yet

Edited by Dagoth, 08 August 2005 - 09:16 AM.

#43 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:11 AM

Unifying Forza car skinning tools.

I've been considering a kind'a hybrid Froza car skinning process – unifying the Photoshop based "Forza Texture Tool" approach, and the decal mosaics. My hope is that this will allow designers the full power of Photoshop, but still allowing anyone to use their car designs online.

See here for the details.
(Because X-S doesn't like ImageShack images. grr.gif )

Edited by PedrosPad, 11 August 2005 - 10:13 AM.

#44 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:34 AM

fyi - M$ TGA Viewer (Windows Explorer Extension) (Swap '$' for 's' in URL grr.gif ).
(Useful to Forza decal modders). biggrin.gif

Edited by PedrosPad, 19 August 2005 - 09:43 AM.

#45 killergp123

killergp123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

***edit***
I got it to work, don't need any help.

Edited by killergp123, 04 December 2005 - 02:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users