3 replies to this topic

#1 Chinamanwhiskey

Chinamanwhiskey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

Hello all,
I really appreciate the help I've received here, you guys are a god-send.
Anyway, xbox version 1.6 /spider chip here. I recently flashed my spider with M7 and of course it didn't work. I've since found M8_16 and purchased a new spider chip. I want to reflash my old one and give it to a friend. I've read the tutorial posted by Chaner but I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to flash the new chip before I can hot swap and flash the old one? kind of worried I'll mess up the flash again and have 2 dead chips, so I'd like to flash the old one so I have a working backup first.
2. Do I have to install a pin header first? I don't know what this is or how it would work with a spider chip.
3. I got really lost here: "Now remove the wire that goes to the D0 pad on the Modchip itself. Unscrew the screw near the LPC area and put the D0 wire under the screw and carefully tighten it up. You can solder the wire to the circle around the screw if you wish. remove any wire you have connecting the chip to the Xbox motherboard but leave the chip plugged into the pinheader"
The spider chip as you know has the wires sticking out of it and you stick them in the appropriate hole on the motherboard. from what I gather, I would proceede something like this.... Install new spider chip with all wires, etc. and boot up, put in the bios cd and get ready to flash, pull out the chip and replace with the fragged one (but don't put any of the wires into the motherboard?), hit A to flash the chip, and I'm done? this sounds too simple and I'm probably way off.

Thanks a million for any help,

#2 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:23 PM

Just boot up your modded xbox (m8_16) until its at a ready status. Then whilst leaving the power on your xbox, open your xbox and take out the spiderchip. Dont worry, the bios is loaded into memory, that chips not really doing anything right now! Then replace with the spider with the bad bios, then use an app such as flashx to flash the m8_16 to the chip. then it will work.

#3 Chinamanwhiskey

Chinamanwhiskey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

ok, so I don't plug all the wires back into the holes before flashing? just seat the chip in the motherboard?

ps. thanks for the help

#4 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

not too sure about that one sorry, but i would give it a go. It flashes through the lpc, although on a 1.6 your using more than just d0. Sorry, im not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users