• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteCollar

WhiteCollar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 03:39 PM

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with GameBuy?

They seem to be a little cheaper... I'm looking to probably purchase a Matrix from them. Thanks for your feeback!

#2 WhiteCollar

WhiteCollar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:57 AM

bump, I guess that nobody has purchased from these guys?

#3 sega_102

sega_102

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:53 PM

I ordered from them yesterday. I hope they come through.

#4 Jojodi

Jojodi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:28 PM

Me and my friend are going to order 2 (Matrix/Xodus chip kits) tommrow and will let u know how it turns out. (we dont see how they can sell them... backorders and all.)

but here goes the test smile.gif

#5 sega_102

sega_102

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:22 AM

I got my order in less than a week. The order shipped the day after I ordered it. I highly reccomend them if you need a matrix and don't want to wait a month for easybuy

#6 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:32 AM

Mod chip vendors are only as good as there last shipment. its a pity there is no eBay style feedback ratings to keep them in check.

But I havet read anything bad about Gamebuy.com cool.gif

#7 C10H15N

C10H15N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:46 PM

Ordered from them on Thursday night (4/10/2003). The site said the Matrix shipped on 4/11. I sent them an email on the 11th to ask what the shipped on the 11th meant, if it means the shipment to them was on the 11th or they were shipping on the 11th. Never got a response.

Today (4/14) I went to the site and noticed the status was updated to 14-17 and that this was the estimated time the manufacturer was going to ship to them... meaning I prolly won't see my chip untill some time in March.

I noticed that the site said they had X2 Pro chips in, so I sent an email asking if they would change my order and ship today. I am not expecting a reply. Lucky for me I bought the extra protection from PayPal and will use it tomorrow if I do not get a response today.

Ill keep ya posted bro! beerchug.gif

#8 C10H15N

C10H15N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 02:21 PM

well I got no reply to my email, so I used paypals refund option and got my refund within 2-3 hours. Dunno if the guy is a scammer or just having a run of bad luck with his supplier. Either way there is no excuse for not answering emails from your customers.

Buyer Beware.

#9 serc

serc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:22 AM

For anybody that did order from them how long did it take to get a reply email with tracking #? It says on their website it takes a couple of hours but I havn't received 1 and it's been about 18hours. I ordered the x2pro since it says on their website that it's in stock.

#10 alphaneutrino

alphaneutrino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:23 AM

Hello fellow posters,

I placed an order for an Xodus Matrix on 4/16/2003 and have yet to receive any confirmation e-mails or tracking numbers. I sent an e-mail to sales@gamebuy.com 4/17/2003 with a request for a status update and have yet (4/18/2003) to receive any reply. I will give it a few more days and will then take some action with PayPal.

Even though the site's "news flash" claims that the Matrix chips are now in (4/17/2003), the seller has still not replied to my original e-mail asking for a status update and now the second e-mail I sent (4/18/2003) asking for a status update.

I will post more progress soon.

-- alphaneutrino

Edited by alphaneutrino, 18 April 2003 - 05:10 PM.

#11 fr3nch13

fr3nch13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:04 PM

I ordered the Matrix chip last Sunday. Gamebuys shipment came in yesterday and my order was packaged and is shipping to me via FedEx. Should be here by Monday!

#12 Acetaminophen

Acetaminophen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 09:05 PM

I cant seem to get my order through on their site.. keeps saying Errors: Test Mode not available for ShoppingCart products.

WTF?

#13 alphaneutrino

alphaneutrino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 10:14 PM

Hi Forumers,

I'm happy to report some progress on my order. I have received a Canada Post (CP) tracking number today and when tracked the CP website reports that they received my shipment 4/17/2003. Gamebuy.com claims that shipping with Express Mail (my pick) takes 5-8 days to the US. So the latest that I'm expecting my Matrix is 4/25/2003, next Friday. I will keep you guys updated.

Acetaminophen,

Their Credit Card system doesn't work. Pay with PayPal.

-- alphaneutrino

#14 lambdaswerve

lambdaswerve

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:15 PM

i also placed an order on 4/10/2003. have not received any emails, tracking numbers, or anything at all. unsure.gif

#15 alphaneutrino

alphaneutrino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 01:17 AM

Hey lambdaswerve,

Try sending an e-mail to sales@gamebuy.com asking for a tracking number. After the second e-mail I sent to that address I received a reply soon after. Give it a try, maybe you'll get lucky like I did.

-- alphaneutrino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users