Plz Help Me With Setting Up Flashfxp
Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:03 PM
i also tried to get it to work by staring a new connection but that didnt work either, and entering my ip address for my xbox but nothings working
Ive already read the tutorials on here but they dont seem to help me much, what im looking for is a proper in depth tutorial on how to get it working, please someone help me, im on aol, msn or u can just post here if someones got the time (also if theres somethng u need to know that ive missed out just ask me)
Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:15 PM
1) is the cable your using the correct cable, is it a crossover cable, look at either end of the cable, if there not the same (i.e, wires are in different order) then its the correct cable.
2) have you enabled your network card on your laptop, go to network settings and make sure its enabled.
right so heres what you want to do assuming the above is fine
1) go into your network cards properties, give it an ip address (under TCP/IP properties), lets say 192.168.0.1
2) while your there, if you have windows XP then get rid of that shitty firewall, so there will be an advanced tab (still in network card properties), click on firewall settings, then turn it off, make sure in the firewall settings bit you turn it off under the advanced tab as well.
3) now go onto your xbox, give it an ip address of 192.168.0.2, set it to a static network, don't bother with a gateway or DNS addresses, they aren't needed for this. Reboot the xbox.
4) open up flashfxp, create a new site, call it xbox or something. under ip address, give it 192.168.0.2, user name: xbox, password: xbox (these are the defaults, but may be different check your settings in evox)
5) now click on connect, and bingo it should come up.
Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:19 PM
btw im running xp
Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:37 PM
Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:45 PM
pc network card ip is 192.168.0.1
xbox ip is 192.168.0.2
thats right yeah?
Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:08 PM
Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:26 PM
Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:24 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users