• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Haven24

Haven24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

I just swapped my xbox for a chipped xbox and ive got evolutionx dashboard, on the system settings it says no link on status, but im using a cable that directly links my laptop to my xbox, and it says network not established
i also tried to get it to work by staring a new connection but that didnt work either, and entering my ip address for my xbox but nothings working

Ive already read the tutorials on here but they dont seem to help me much, what im looking for is a proper in depth tutorial on how to get it working, please someone help me, im on aol, msn or u can just post here if someones got the time (also if theres somethng u need to know that ive missed out just ask me)

thanks, Haven24

#2 crustyteacup

crustyteacup

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:15 PM

alright first things to check are these:

1) is the cable your using the correct cable, is it a crossover cable, look at either end of the cable, if there not the same (i.e, wires are in different order) then its the correct cable.

2) have you enabled your network card on your laptop, go to network settings and make sure its enabled.

right so heres what you want to do assuming the above is fine

1) go into your network cards properties, give it an ip address (under TCP/IP properties), lets say 192.168.0.1

2) while your there, if you have windows XP then get rid of that shitty firewall, so there will be an advanced tab (still in network card properties), click on firewall settings, then turn it off, make sure in the firewall settings bit you turn it off under the advanced tab as well.

3) now go onto your xbox, give it an ip address of 192.168.0.2, set it to a static network, don't bother with a gateway or DNS addresses, they aren't needed for this. Reboot the xbox.

4) open up flashfxp, create a new site, call it xbox or something. under ip address, give it 192.168.0.2, user name: xbox, password: xbox (these are the defaults, but may be different check your settings in evox)

5) now click on connect, and bingo it should come up.

#3 Haven24

Haven24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

i know this is an incredibly n00bish question but how do you assign an ip address to my network card because i cant see anything in my network card properties, sorry

btw im running xp

#4 Haven24

Haven24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

ok i found it but what do i put under subnet mask? i have to enter one but i dunno wot to put

#5 Haven24

Haven24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

ok i used the default one and tried it but its still not working what the hell am i doing wrong?

pc network card ip is 192.168.0.1
xbox ip is 192.168.0.2

thats right yeah?

#6 KRANZKillz

KRANZKillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:08 PM

alright im trying to ftp some stuff to my xbox but I dont have a modchip. Do i have to have a modified dash to ftp things and if so can I get a diffrent dash w/o a modchip?

#7 KRANZKillz

KRANZKillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

also guys is it possible to connect to my xbox through my linksys router and just use the automatic IP that the xbox assigns itself to ftp in?

#8 KRANZKillz

KRANZKillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:24 PM

I also tried to ftp thru a browser guys but it wont work. Do i need a modified dash to ftp in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users