• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gazdaman

Gazdaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 08:11 AM

I read the post about takeing out your pc bios, errr no, I don't think I'm gonna do this!!

I would really like some plans to make one or a cheap one

Gaz

you guys have better smilies than us over at help-forums ph34r.gif blink.gif mad.gif unsure.gif

#2 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 June 2002 - 10:24 AM

I am going to try the motherboard flashing as it is the cheaps way to do the mod laugh.gif

I will find an old motherboard at work tomorrow so i will not stuff up one of my pc's i have here rolleyes.gif

I hope somebody will let us know which motherboards work and which do not!

I have 2 abit motherboards here as one is my main pc and the other is my burning pc!
ph34r.gif

As soon as i can find these blank bios chip i will flash it and let everybody know

cya

#3 R3B0RN

R3B0RN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 10:49 AM

If i would know where to get a blank bios chip i would try it out, but where can i get this? I tried calling some electronic stores but none of them is selling it, anyone with sugestions?

#4 xSpiralx

xSpiralx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 03:09 AM

I might be releasing the chips pre-programmed for like 10bucks, have to see about legal issues. I have access to a $3,000 e(e)prom programmer that can flash them in around 5 seconds

#5 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 09:43 AM

How about telling us where to get the chips smile.gif

The only place I've found is:

batronix.com, but since I live on the other side of the pond it gets kind of expensive shipping the damn thing.

Anyone have any shops in North America?

#6 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 11:58 AM

Watch Out mad.gif

The code in the xbox mod is copyright to MS.

I used a hex editor (Xtree Gold) to view the bios file and it is copyrighted
by MS.

I was thinking the same thing about selling a pre-programmed chip but if microSuz find out you could end up in court!

#7 xSpiralx

xSpiralx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 12:24 PM

You can get them from digi-key.com for 4.81 each. About it being copyrighted by MS... PTF, let him go after xtender or mrsporty, I wasnt the one that released it.

#8 Chosen1

Chosen1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 08:04 PM

This is the best I've found with 2 days of SOLID cruising on the 'net from work. (nothing beats getting paid to find hardware to enable pirating software...anyway) $3.01 each

http://www.newark.co...jsp?sku=48F3607

I'll be placing an order for some of these in the next day or two and will post my results after I'm done.

#9 Duece

Duece

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 08:41 PM

let say I was to order one of those chips for $3.01. How would I flash it without an eprom programmer?

#10 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:14 PM

Check your motherboards bios (if you have your mobo manual check it out) if it is socketed, you can remove it. It can be a PLCC (square 9x2, 7x2 pins) or PDIP (rectangular 16*2 pins)
You can use it to program your chip. That's the alternative to using those expensive eprom programmers smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users