6 replies to this topic

#1 LiquiDragoN

LiquiDragoN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

Hi guyz,

Im a n00b at this and i got a major problem.
My freind was f@#king around with my Xbox (Avalaunch) and he sed he went to some EEPROM setting and clicked rewrite grr.gif My Xbox will no longer load >.<" I can hear the power running through it when i press the on button, and i can open and close the DVD drive using the eject button. But thats about it. THe screen is blank......

Is there anyway to recover my Xbox (fully)????? uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Pleeeeaaaassseee sooommeeeoonnee heeelllppp!

#2 leedavid

leedavid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

That sounds pretty bad. I have you tried to run the Xbox with the Mod Chip disabled. That would be my first question in the steps to see how bad its F'd up.

#3 HaloFool90

HaloFool90

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(leedavid @ Jun 20 2005, 08:01 AM)
That sounds pretty bad.  I have you tried to run the Xbox with the Mod Chip disabled.  That would be my first question in the steps to see how bad its F'd up.

View Post

Before you do that, beat the piss outa your friend tongue.gif

#4 DevoDave

DevoDave

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

Might have stuffed the video settings. Do a search on the enigma videomode switcher.

#5 Zanatos

Zanatos

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(DevoDave @ Jun 21 2005, 04:06 PM)
Might have stuffed the video settings.  Do a search on the enigma videomode switcher.

View Post

That could be a possiblity. When you start it up, can you hear the startup noise (you know, the little X being created and shown on the screen)? If so, then your video settings just were changed. YOu can use the enigma switcher, or you can use Auto Installer Deluxe to reinstall AVA.

#6 LiquiDragoN

LiquiDragoN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Nah, No X Boot up screen....

Theres Nothing....

Just the green light on the front, humming of the fan ( or maybe hardrive) and The power to use the Eject Button...

sad.gif

#7 rednaxelag

rednaxelag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(LiquiDragoN @ Jun 24 2005, 12:45 PM) View Post

Nah, No X Boot up screen....

Theres Nothing....

Just the green light on the front, humming of the fan ( or maybe hardrive) and The power to use the Eject Button...

sad.gif

I have the same problem. I was playing live, but some how I got detected and I could not get in anymore. Try working it with config magic and changed my eeprom, now i get nothing, just the same you say here... I found this walkthrough but as i'm not fast with this kind of things I need someone to help me step by stop to fix my xbox....here's the walkthrough:
A Fast & Legal way to reflash your EEPROM with Cromwell
Just in case you manage to do something stupid and fry your EEPROM like me (and your box won't boot anymore), you can fix this with these easy steps ... since Cromwell provides everything to flash your EEPROM
Requirements
EEPROM backup, before the disaster (if you don't have one, ask a friend who doesn't play on Live smile.gif)
Flashable mod
Quick install
Download the patched Cromwell image

Download the EEPROM patcher

Unzip the image and the patcher, put both in the same directory with your EEPROM image, and patch the Cromwell image with your EEPROM : addEeprom cromwell-patched.bin eeprom.bin

Program your mod with cromwell-patched.bin

Boot your box and wait a few seconds - you should see a message "EEPROM flash - status : SUCCESSFUL"

Your EEPROM is now restored, you can turn off your box and reflash with your favorite bios ... or install Linux smile.gif As a side note, if you want to install Linux I'd suggest you to download an official Cromwell image as I'm not sure of the quality of this build ...

GPL compliance
Diff to Cromwell

AddEEPROM source

Note that you'll need a fairly recent gcc to build Cromwell - 3.2.3 seems to generate something consistant if not perfect smile.gif

Credits
Xbox-Linux team since they did all the work smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users