zero129

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(Shawn_ @ Jul 21 2005, 10:59 PM)
Come on now, google xbox live problems:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,260,000 for Xbox live problems.

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,170,000 for steam problems.

It does'nt take a fool to understand that there are problems with steam, esp when Valve themselves have admited so. This is just like the stutterbug for HL2, it took months for some people, with top of the line systems, to play the game at a reasonable frame rate, or without hicups. And you know what? Valve even admited there was a problem with thier software.

Steam has more problems then Xbox live. When have you heard of an actual software problem with live?

They might be down to upgrade servers and what not, but they have never had any serious bug, like problems with the friends list not working, voice chat etc.

View Post

Do you really think that if Live was running on pc's (with lots of people with lots of set ups), that it wouldn't be having as many if not more problems them steam has had?.
You have to remember steam is running on pc's that in most cases are never the same as someone elses, so valve has to take into account all the set ups some people might have, its not becos steam is free that it has them problems, it's becos of the way someones pc could be set up, like i said if Live was running on pc's it would have just as many if not more problems.

The simple fact is is that MS is ripping people off my charging them for something that should in all rights be free.

#77 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:42 PM

Thats like saying Maids shouldn't be paid because my mom isn't.

They offer a superior online service to those of many competitors. Xbox Live is such a big department in the Xbox portion of MS thast they hire seperate staff and developers and maintenance crews to keep them running with minimal lag given the xboxs stats and global general home transfer rates.

It actually costs a noticable amount of money to run the servers because it runs differently than steam etc. Just because it's a better service doesn't means it's in all rights the same to create and maintain.

Hey, if you don't want to pay for it, then don't. I hate it when people say that, but it's true in these cases. play some playstation 2 and see what you get on a free console based online system.

You like? wink.gif

#78 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Jul 23 2005, 06:53 PM)
Thats like saying Maids shouldn't be paid because my mom isn't.

View Post

rotfl.gif
YES!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users