#1 porsche6714

porsche6714

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

Hi, I was wondering how to use the webserver on xbmc. I did a search but the search is down it just comes up as an error page. How do I set everything up to get it to work. i have tinkered with it before but no luck.

#2 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

i know, i had problems too. the tutorial on the xbmc didn't help.

#3 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:In order... Girlfriend, Friends, Xbox/PC shite...

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

If your xbox is already connected to your pc or a network with your pc on it also.
Then in the XBMC network settings make sure that Enable Web Server is enabled.
Leave the port on 80 because that is the default port for HTTP. You can change it if you want, but i wouldn't recommend it, it's not necessary.
You can set a password if you want also. If you do, then just remember that the username is "xbox".
Then on your pc or any pc connected to the same network as your xbox, just enter your xbox's ip address into your web browser.
It should popup the XBMC remote control webserver.

Hope that helps,
-Danny

#4 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:41 AM

i got the remote thing to work, but not the web server

#5 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:49 AM

That's what the webserver is...

If you want to be able to use it as an actual server to host files... that's just ftp'ing... And forwarding port 21 from your router's WAN to the ip of your xbox so the you can ftp into your xbox from anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean though..

-Danny

#6 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(--DANNY-- @ Jun 19 2005, 06:00 AM)
That's what the webserver is...

If you want to be able to use it as an actual server to host files... that's just ftp'ing... And forwarding port 21 from your router's WAN to the ip of your xbox so the you can ftp into your xbox from anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean though..

-Danny

View Post

thats what i want. if the xbox ip is 192.168.1.100, what will the public ip be for the xbox?

#7 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(JustinT9669 @ Jun 18 2005, 11:32 PM)
thats what i want. if the xbox ip is 192.168.1.100, what will the public ip be for the xbox?

If your pc and xbox are both connected to a router (which is what your setup seems to be), then goto http://www.ipchicken.com and the ip address that it gives you is the public ip address to your router.
So in your router settings, make sure that you forward port 80 to your xbox (if you want to be able to use the remote control publicly) or port 21 (if you want to be able to ftp publicly) to your xbox's ip address.
Then anyone with a browser and internet can type in your public ip address that you retrieved from www.ipchicken.com and enter the username and password if you create one, and be able to use the remote control for your xbmc, or be able to ftp into your xbox.

I have this setup and it's worked great for me. I use my xbox as a server to host webfiles for my website, and I control the song playing in my house on my xbox via my laptop that is wirelessly connected to my network.

Just remember that the root folder of the WebServer feature is in your XBMCHomeFolder/web/
So if you want to have a website on your xbox, your homepage would be ....../XBMC/web/index.html
If that's what you are doing, then you need to rename the default.asp file under XBMC/web/ so that it doesn't load that instead of your index homepage.

Hope this helps you,
-Danny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users