• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 rcworld2000

rcworld2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

need help with chaos therory the game is over 5 gigs how can i make it smaller to fit on one dvd ??? thanks for your help guys

#2 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

go into your files and delete out anything that isnt for english. english files are labled "int". look in default/sounds, default/screens. then go to adv/system (english files there are labeled "eng" there) and delete the other languages. but be careful to only delete languages. dont delete utx and lin files. generally the language extentions are all in CAPS. ie, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, ITA.

go to your files and go to /adv/system and delete the .DEU, .ESP, .FRA, AND .ITA files. keep all the others.

then go back to the root directory of your game files and go to default/screens/ and delete the folders that arent "int", and then the same thing in default/sounds. just make sure thats all your deleting.

Edited by mrjkwik, 18 June 2005 - 11:17 PM.

#3 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

can always delete autodashupdate.xbe--------something like that......its 50mb

#4 dalvenjia

dalvenjia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:17 AM

Can I erase the Pal Vids ??
I'm on NTSC

#5 Haruno

Haruno

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(dalvenjia @ Jan 22 2006, 04:24 AM) View Post

Can I erase the Pal Vids ??
I'm on NTSC

Yes. You can also delete that lighthouse trailer bik that sometimes you can't skip.

#6 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:49 PM

lighthouse trailer only comes in when your cache isnt loaded or gets magically erased sad.gif

#7 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

edit to the post above:you can edit the video files and make it only 1 second through progs on xbins or some other codec you may have. good luck to you whichever the case may be! smile.gif

#8 automator2k

automator2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(mrjkwik @ Jun 18 2005, 11:20 PM) View Post

go into your files and delete out anything that isnt for english. english files are labled "int". look in default/sounds, default/screens. then go to adv/system (english files there are labeled "eng" there) and delete the other languages. but be careful to only delete languages. dont delete utx and lin files. generally the language extentions are all in CAPS. ie, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, ITA.

go to your files and go to /adv/system and delete the .DEU, .ESP, .FRA, AND .ITA files. keep all the others.

then go back to the root directory of your game files and go to default/screens/ and delete the folders that arent "int", and then the same thing in default/sounds. just make sure thats all your deleting.

I did all of that and only that, it recognises it as a game but when i go to play it it stays at the loading screen (the dashboard one). I deleted the .DEU, .ESP, .FRA, and .ITA extensions in /adv/system and I deleted the folders in audio and screens except for the INT one.

I used Craxtion 4 to make the iso and ftp'd the files with flashfxp. I moved the files to the hard drive to make sure it wasn't the disc but got the same result. I also tried it with and without the update.xbe and autoupdate.xbe with no change in result.

I love this game and would love for my cousin to try it out please any help is appreciated.

#9 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

http://www.balugabut...p?articleid=337

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
about 3 GB saved
Language Files: Default\Screens\deu Default\Screens\esp Default\Screens\frn Default\Screens\itl Default\Sounds\deu Default\Sounds\esp Default\Sounds\frn Default\Sounds\itl default\Videos\movieteaser_deu.bik default\Videos\movieteaser_esp.bik default\Videos\movieteaser_fra.bik default\Videos\movieteaser_ita.bik
Pal Files: Default\VideosPal
Movie Replacements: Default\Videos\credits.bik Default\Videos\teaser.bik
And for those who just want to keep the Versus - Mode for XLink/XBConnect: Delete the whole Default - directory and replace the original default.xbe with the sc3_adv.xbe.

#10 automator2k

automator2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

I've just got done putting the adv/system language files on the hard drive and it still didnt work so i deleted the folder off the drive and am dvd2xbox'ing the origional disc onto the hard drive to see if it will even work as is.

1 thought though.. I bought the Platinum hits version. Do you think there's some kind of anti copy protection or something? do any games need work arounds?

#11 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:24 AM

i doubt it.. but when i dvd2xbox'd it to my hard drive it worked fine, although i didnt delete anything at the time.

#12 automator2k

automator2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:23 AM

Yeah it worked fine. I dont get it, maybe craxtion messed up patching the .xbe's or maybe something got messed up in the ftp. ill try and ftp the hdd copy tomorrow and take out the language files and try it but im running out of dvds kinda sucks.

#13 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:15 AM

why not just delete the files from the hard drive, and if that works, chances are the DVD will.

what kind of blank DVDs you use?

#14 automator2k

automator2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Ill have to do that when i get home, that was pretty stupid of me not to think of, thanks ill give it a shot.

Im using memorex dvd+r's they have worked in the past.. well i havent used these before i ran out of my spindle of 8x's. Do you think it matters if i burned 16x media at 2.4x?

#15 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(automator2k @ May 12 2006, 09:18 AM) View Post

Ill have to do that when i get home, that was pretty stupid of me not to think of, thanks ill give it a shot.

Im using memorex dvd+r's they have worked in the past.. well i havent used these before i ran out of my spindle of 8x's. Do you think it matters if i burned 16x media at 2.4x?

thats a matter you should discuss in the backup forum... however i highly recommend getting some taiyo yudens or something better than memorex, as you might go to play a backup one day and get the good old dity disc error with those less than quality discs.

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users