Glock.45

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

I have two xboxes that have been on XBL. I have been switching hardware between the two xboxes because I'm selling one of them and I want the best parts in the xbox I'm going to keep. My question is one xbox is a 1.0 and the other 1.1 and the hdd I'm keeping is married to the eeprom of the 1.0 MB I'm selling. I want to convert the 1.0 eeprom to 1.1 eeprom to match the hdd I'm keeping. Will this result in a ban? Or will it look like the same xbox and hdd I've been playing with all along to XBL?

btw can anyone name the movie where my avatar comes from.

Edited by Glock.45, 19 June 2005 - 01:48 AM.

#2 Blackfly1976

Blackfly1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:1.1 motherboard<br />110/240V input PSU<br />Philips VAD6011/21(POS) DVDROM<br />smartXX mod<br />Avalaunch 0.49.3<br />

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

So you are keeping the 1.1 MB and selling the 1.0, but the HD you're keeping is from the 1.0? Could you not just transfer the data from one HDD to the other using FTP or a game save manager, or are the HDDs not identical?

First thing to do is make a backup of both EEPROMs. Easiest way for me is with my smartXX chip, but Config Magic should work the same.
I think there have been discussions on how to modify the EEPROM file from one hardware version into another, have to research this for details - I can tell you that software is available for it (eepmod by dextrose)

Just curious, but why keep the 1.1 instead of the 1.0, is it that much better that it's worth this hassle? I ask because I also have a 1.0 and a 1.1 and need to sell one soon.

Anyone know which part of the EEPROM is responsible for hardware version iD?
Also, if a UK PAL 1.1 xbox is flashed with the *edited* EEPROM of a US NTSC 1.0 xbox, is there anything that identifies the xbox as having originally been UK PAL 1.1 or the EEPROM as having been 1.0?

#3 Glock.45

Glock.45

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:43 AM

[quote=Blackfly1976,Jun 20 2005, 05:09 AM]So you are keeping the 1.1 MB and selling the 1.0, but the HD you're keeping is from the 1.0?

Correct.

The hdd from the 1.1 xbox is just a stock hdd and the hdd from the 1.0 xbox is a 250 gig.

The 1.1 MB is so quiet, has a larger heatsink, and runs cooler. That's why I want to keep the 1.1 MB.

I want to switch the eeproms between the two boxes so they can both stay on XBL. I can convert the eeproms using liveinfo, but I don't know if this will result in a ban. The eeproms will have the same data with the exception of the version. I don't even know if M$ even keeps track of the version of the xbox or not.

Edited by Glock.45, 20 June 2005 - 05:53 AM.

#4 Blackfly1976

Blackfly1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:1.1 motherboard<br />110/240V input PSU<br />Philips VAD6011/21(POS) DVDROM<br />smartXX mod<br />Avalaunch 0.49.3<br />

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

Which part of the EEPROM is responsible for hardware version identification then?
I don't know if M$ look for a change in the EEPROM regarding hardware version, but I have been wearned that they look at region changes and not at video mode changes - both are stored in the EEPROM but M$ only look at one of them, so I can't help you on the hardware version detection.

I don't find much difference in the noise, only the GPU fan that's extra and the main fan is so much louder anyway. I don't know about difference in heat, how do you know that the 1.1 runs cooler?

If you know how to edit the EEPROMs to change the hardware version, then you could go ahead and try the 1.0 xbox (flashed with the edited 1.1 EEPROM) and the 1.1 HDD on Live and see what happens. If after a week or so it's not banned then go ahead and flash the 1.1 xbox with the edited 1.0 EEPROM and 250GB HDD.
Since you are selling the 1.0 xbox it may not be much of an issue if it's banned form Live anyway.

#5 Glock.45

Glock.45

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:43 AM

I was planning to use the 1.0 xbox as a ginny pig as you suggested. UnleashX dashboard tells me that the 1.1 MB runs about 5 degrees cooler than my 1.0. Another reason I'm selling the 1.0 xbox is because it has a few broken traces that I fixed.

Thanks for your input I will let you know if my expirament results in a ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users