• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 old skool

old skool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:56 AM

Here's the scenario: I had a modded xbox that I no longer own. I did take the harddrive out of it, since I had a lot of games on the drive. Unfortunately the drive would not work on the new xbox that I bought. I understand that the drive is locked. I did however make a backup of the xbox b4 I got rid of it...but the backup was made with the original harddrive in it...so all of the hd info I have is from that hd. The backup does have the eeprom bin file. Can these eeprom bin files be swapped out so that the hd would work in the new xbox? Hope this makes sense.

Edited by old skool, 19 June 2005 - 05:57 AM.

#2 Jtech|I

Jtech|I

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:04 AM

Yes, ConfigMagic can be used to do this if I understand everything correctly.

#3 old skool

old skool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

To make it plain...I have the backed up eeprom bin and the harddrive I removed from the xbox that I no longer have. What would be the procedure to hook this drive up, and get it unlocked, so that I can use it to access all the games I have on it. If there is a tutorial on this, could you direct me to the link? Thanks.

#4 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

go to the usual places and dl xboxhdm. u can use xboxhdm to make a bootable cd for ur pc with that eeprom.bin file on it so u can unlock the drive and use it in your friend's xbox.

Edited by manobano, 20 June 2005 - 02:24 AM.

#5 old skool

old skool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(manobano @ Jun 20 2005, 03:21 AM)
go to the usual places and dl xboxhdm.  u can use xboxhdm to make a bootable cd for ur pc with that eeprom.bin file on it so u can unlock the drive and use it in your friend's xbox.

View Post

xboxhdm worked like a charm. Thank you! I'm sure glad I made a backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users