• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 googlese

googlese

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:28 AM

I recently installed a Matrix chip and an HD in my box and got it working no problem. A couple of days ago I tried installing an HD in my friend's box which supposedly already had a chip installed. I Ghost cloned my HD to his identical HD and installed it. It loaded the dashboard fine but will not play any games. When trying to load a game it will just return to the dashboard. I though it might be the HD so I tried mine in his box and it had the same results, it just returns to the Evox Dashboard. I checked to see which mod chip it had installed but cannot for the life of me find one in there! I know it must have one or else it wouldn't have loaded the dashboard. When checking the bios version it says it has 2.1. The wierd thing is, out of the 30 or so games on the HD it does actually play some of them but only about 5. Could it be the bios or mod chip version is old and does not support most games? I have absolutely no idea what to do. Please help.

#2 MUTHAPHUQA1999

MUTHAPHUQA1999

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:35 AM

Ghost doesn't do a pefect copy of the hard drive. The modchip is fine. Currently the only tool that will clone the drive properly (if a little slowly) is diskpro lite. Email me with your email address and I will send it to you if you like.

#3 googlese

googlese

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:05 AM

Yeah but it can't be the drive because I tried my HD which works fine in my box and it does the same thing. It's gotta be something else.

#4 MUTHAPHUQA1999

MUTHAPHUQA1999

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:26 AM

Sorry I didn't read the post properly ohmy.gif

Have you checked under the Mobo for the chip? If there isn't one in there it must have had the TSOP flashed.

If thats the case it sounds like you will have to reflash the little bugger with a new BIOs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users