DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

My wangs bigger than your wang, we have gotten hella off subject in the love-story thread.... tongue.gif

His installers are better than my installers , which are better than his installers, which are better than mine, this isnt a contest, its a place to come and learn and discover the potentional for making your xbox a hella lot better, hell when i first hit the boards, i needed hotswapping help, now i consider myself a hotswapping master, but that was after i read & read, and then even wrote my own hotswapping guide.

Fact is, we need ipodders installers, and we need krayzies installers, and we need kings's packages/installers, and we need all these other peoples works as well.
Who's is better, ( blink.gif mine after I rip all they sh|t blink.gif ) Just kidding huh.gif

#257 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Aug 7 2005, 11:15 PM)
kingroach, I'm optimistic that Ndure 2.1 can become "Ndure Complete" (its 21MB filler's there intentionally) so maybe wait a bit longer re. the xboxhdm package...

View Post

I wont start working on that until next month.. but then my college will be open. sad.gif sad.gif . so theres plenty of times.. smile.gif

King of the roaches pwn you all.. tongue.gif tongue.gif not even nuke can kill me..

#258 alfonse

alfonse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Programming, Networking

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:48 PM

Hello all,

I have used the kingroach's installer (2.0 haven't tested the 2.1) and I succesfully installed NDURE on my xbox. I used the generic fonts, however I have a problem with NDURE.

When I start my xbox in an unmodded state (eject button), the MS dash starts, but I am unable to watch DVD video discs (either originals or backups). I am however able to play Audio Cds. When I put a DVD video, it just shows a black screen and nothing else. I have the DVD kit.

The interesting part is that, when I start my xbox in a modded state (power button) I am able to watch the DVDs, I can start the MS dash from my virtual C and play them. I even tested to load a different bios(iND Bios) and start the MS dash on the real C (msxboxdash.xbe) and the dash plays ok the DVDs.

I was using the Krayzie's 2.7 installer, before I decided to switch to NDURE.

What could be causing such strange behaviour?

My xbox specs:
NTSC 1.4 Xbox with Focus Encoder
5713 Kernel

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

#259 2121oyoy

2121oyoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

I hope that there ends up being the files for these installers already to go for ftp or xboxhdm. I usually don't use the gamesave methods. I don't have a mem card or many games. Also I like to see the files on the pc and look around in them. That's one thing I liked about the ndure version I checked out and I hope to see it more often.

#260 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

@alfonse,

its most like for the settings_adoc.xip file.. Ndure needs this file to be deleted and thus creating the problem.. I dig around this and let you know soon..

@2121oyoy

its ready to ftp or use with xboxhdm.. I too always like the manual method since you get an idea how the thing works and if something goes wrong , you can troubleshoot it easily.

Edited by kingroach, 08 August 2005 - 06:32 PM.

#261 alfonse

alfonse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Programming, Networking

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for your response kingroach, I will be waiting then.

Edited by alfonse, 08 August 2005 - 06:32 PM.

#262 sketch_uk2000

sketch_uk2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Quick question is it possible to patch the shadowc xboxdash.xbe to make it region free

#263 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(sketch_uk2000 @ Aug 8 2005, 08:25 PM)
Quick question is it possible to patch the shadowc xboxdash.xbe to make it region free

View Post

offcourse.

#264 sketch_uk2000

sketch_uk2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:26 PM

how do i go about making making an image of my modified xbox dash that will fit on my c drive

#265 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:13 AM

you can either copy the files generated by setup to C:\ drive or you can also put C drive files in any folder named "C" and setup that folder as installation dircetory and it will patch and write necessary files. either way it includes shadowc files that fills up teh rest of your C:\ drive.

Edited by kingroach, 09 August 2005 - 12:21 AM.

#266 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:33 AM

Just a quick question, I was under the impression that the UDE (and all newer UDE2, UXE, Ndure, etc) are not vulnerable to the clock loop problem. Rhmental readme raised some concerns. What is all this talk about Ndure being more stable than UDE? Is Ndure completely risk free even after the holiday? Any other risks (I've seen changing languages mentioned).

What exactly are the advantages of Ndure above the previous exploits?

#267 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:46 AM

All UDE+ exploits are clock loop free so you can shut off your xbox as long as you like.. it is said that Ndure is more stable than UDE/UXE but its all due to the fonts used by Ndure.. and the stability is not always visible.. for some xbox , UXE hangs if you change settings like parantel controls, language etc. but for Ndure it doesnt happen.. But this hanging of UXE is a rare case..

the only visible advantage of Ndure is that it uses fonts in C:\xodash\ and therefore you can use the retail dash just by changing its name , no need for Fonts>f0nts patching.. so it allows you to boot to msdash in unexploited mode using closed-retail.xbe. so you can have XBl access without coldboot.

#268 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Aug 9 2005, 04:57 AM)
All UDE+ exploits are clock loop free so you can shut off your xbox as long as you like.. it is said that Ndure is more stable than UDE/UXE but its all due to the fonts used by Ndure.. and the stability is not always visible.. for some xbox , UXE hangs if you change settings like parantel controls, language etc. but for Ndure it doesnt happen.. But this hanging of UXE is a rare case..

the only visible advantage of Ndure is that it uses fonts in C:\xodash\ and therefore you can use the retail dash just by changing its name , no need for Fonts>f0nts patching.. so it allows you to boot to msdash in unexploited mode using closed-retail.xbe. so you can have XBl access without coldboot.

View Post

and offcourse not to forget it allows gameupdates from coldbooted games (or booted via eject retail function). and some games that require the fonts do not hang from coldboots or via the retail eject function.

#269 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

kingroach, it's unrelated to the settings_adoc.xip (as deleting that does not create a problem)!

#270 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Ah Thanks for the explanation, as long as I decide not to learn Spanish on my XBox I should be safe biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users