kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

its not a dircet link.. I mean its an email address.. and not even the email contains any illegal files.. so its a kind of dual link.. X-S frontpage posts news for new dash/installers regularly..and the news contains link to the official website and the website contains dircet link.. anyway.. the email doesnt contain any illegal files..

edit: ok I removed the link ( email).. I will add some other way...

Edited by kingroach, 20 June 2005 - 06:57 PM.

#17 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Well, its tough kingroach...the forum rules say one thing while everyone else seems to do another.

The e-mail address though, well, its an indirect link I would say because your clearly offering the Ndure installer to people who message that address.

#18 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

maybe you could do it devz3ro style and add a patch that creates the right files from peoples own dash files.

#19 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jun 20 2005, 04:05 PM)
maybe you could do it devz3ro style and add a patch that creates the right files from peoples own dash files.

View Post

Maybe, yes lets make this n"oo"b friendly as its setup is a little more involved, but the installer works great king*, checked it on 2 setups 5838 & 5101, all options.

QUOTE(DaddyJ)
if anyone would like the custom font compiler, to include ndure fonts, let me know, if not then im not going to mess with it.

Edited by DaddyJ, 21 June 2005 - 02:15 AM.

#20 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

Sorry for being late, i'll take a look at this later. If needed / wanted I can put together a similar exe that was used to create ueee.

pin for now

-devz3ro

Edited by devz3ro, 20 June 2005 - 10:25 PM.

#21 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

Congratulations kingroach - mainly for the NDure explanation - you say in your one root post what eh took 22 pages of posts to say. tongue.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

Seriously, congratulations to all involved. beerchug.gif

#22 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:08 AM

Contrary to kingroach, not all FTP clients respect the alphabet, since uploading my hack I could easily tell FileZilla likes to upload the /xodash/ folder at the same time as it processes the /media/ folder (Assuming its on a multiple connection upload).

By the way to any newbs, idiots, know it alls, etc visiting this thread - if you can't understand every single word in This Guide On XGuides then don't play with Ndure. UXE works fine.

Anyone releasing a legal package to patch files is welcome to use the bandwidth provided at XGuides.

Edited by RiceCake, 23 June 2005 - 05:47 PM.

#23 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:26 AM

sorry for my late post.. went to my bros. graduation..anyway..Tnx for all your support. smile.gif I removed any direct links from my blog so it should be XS- Friendly now. About the whole linking and illegal files thing.. we all live in a gray world dont we.. I cannt argue with all the mods here.. if there is rules then that should be followed.

I tried to make a noob proof installer.. so that users wouldnt need anything of expect the installer.. A patch can be created for generic use but a patch wouldnt have as many options and configuarations like an installer.

Although technically you can call this installer a patch.. ( can we?).. I mean apatch contains differentiation bits between two files in an crypted form and an installer contains full bits of files in crypted form.. There is no way di-assmble the installer.

Contrary to kingroach, not all FTP clients respect the alphabet, since uploading my hack I could easily tell FileZilla likes to upload the /xodash/ folder at the same time as it processes the /media/ folder (Assuming its on a multiple connection upload).

thnx for corrceting me.. I will update the ftp part later on.. so that all confusions can be cleared.

#24 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jun 21 2005, 04:37 AM)
I tried to make a noob proof installer.. so that users wouldnt need anything of expect the installer.. A patch can be created for generic use but a patch wouldnt have as many options and configuarations like an installer.

Well basically you just have to use a patch to create the right xonlinedash.xbe. then extract all the needed files out of the dash and that's it. The fonts are legal to distribute so in the end people would only have to add some retail (maybe cut it to 5960 only) dashboard files and a replacement dashboard (Evox).

But the best and easiest thing offcourse would be xbins distro. I'm sure Devz3ro can see the use of this (as oposed to many old and/or shitty stuff hosted there) and grant you a submision.

#25 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + &quot;UD-eh!&quot; per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE &amp; Ndure
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

@kingroach: thanks again dude.

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Jun 20 2005, 04:11 PM)
Congratulations kingroach - mainly for the NDure explanation - you say in your one root post what eh took 22 pages of posts to say.  tongue.gif   biggrin.gif   wink.gif

Seriously, congratulations to all involved.   beerchug.gif

View Post

flamethrower.gif eh. rotfl.gif

Thank you everyone that helped evolve and develop/test Ndure. love.gif

Primarily wrayal formulated the "retail" setup and Cio the "basic" setup.

_______
SFAIK, "my methods" aren't implemented by this utility - the "fonts" and "starter" setups with their dashupdate.xbe 'safety nets'. Maybe they will be deemed useful for it or others eventually too (such as this awesome sounding work-in-progress of triggernum5's perhaps?) ... only time will tell.

Edited by eh., 21 June 2005 - 07:29 AM.

#26 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:19 AM

Glad xbins is being considered.

Here's a huge thanks from me to all involved. I'm playing on Live right now with ndure installed, no problems, big hard drive and all. Way to go guys (at risk of sounding lame), and that sounds like a pretty uber team.

Thanks again.

#27 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(ipodder2003 @ Jun 21 2005, 04:30 AM)
Glad xbins is being considered. 

View Post

I think by "over-looking" he ment "look past, fail to notice". Meaning it won't be at xbins.

Edit: N/M Dev cleared this up for me... Great job with the installer.

Edited by EthanHunt_IMF, 21 June 2005 - 11:13 AM.

#28 moviecut

moviecut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

as i am a totally noob on Ndure installing, i have to ask this:

- nkpatcher will be installed, but i can`t choose between .06 and .67? hmmm, isn`t this needed?
- i whould like to see unleashx to be provided with this installer, along with the great project mayhem III skin. but i can change that for myself, so it`s okay smile.gif

#29 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

I did PM Iriez about a month ago about my other installer ( UXE installer for xboxhdm).. didnt got any reply so I thought he is not here.. I also tried to find him in the xbins irc..

SFAIK, "my methods" aren't implemented by this utility - the "fonts" and "starter" setups with their dashupdate.xbe 'safety nets'. Maybe they will be deemed useful for it or others eventually too (such as this awesome sounding work-in-progress of triggernum5's perhaps?) ... only time will tell.

I added a dummy file in my first version of the installer.. then thought what if users tries to update dash files etc. so it might be best if users create their dummy. I will add detail instruction on the tutorial.

nkpatcher will be installed, but i can`t choose between .06 and .67? hmmm, isn`t this needed?

yah.. I guess I left that part.. I will add the option in next version.. thnx for the suggestion.

if you like to chaneg dash.. its in C:\hack\dash folder.

#30 moviecut

moviecut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jun 21 2005, 02:04 PM)
yah.. I guess I left that part.. I will add the option in next version.. thnx for the suggestion.

for now nkpatcher .06 is installed, right? so this for now is only an installer to work on boxes with hd up to 250gb? i think thats alright for 95% of all softmodding people. but it should be changed for future. as the default dashboard should be changed to unleashx, the best dashboard out there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users