kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:48 PM

I had this new verion of ndure installer sitting on my computer few days.. so decided to release it as a beta. Feedbacks are greatly welcomed.. also I do not suggest use of it to n00bs or if you dont have a method of recovery.. heres whats new on 3.0 beta:

Xboxhdm installer: Similar to Uxe installer for xboxhdm but this time files are not locked. You will choose your setup with Ndure installer and you will need to check the box saying " create xboxhdm installer" and it will create a xboxhdm installer. you will need to copy the "ndure" folder to xboxhdm folder and create the .iso. now after you boot to option "1". go to "xbrowser" and type: /CD/ndure/ndure and the installer will start.

Experimental open tray setup: Now you can toggle between xboxdash and xonlinedash.xbe easily. Also theres failsafe dash if xboxdash or xonlinedash.xbe doesnt run ( because of dashupdate or user error). Its done with a small .xbe launcher that "xman" made. The launcher looks into xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder. if it finds boo1.bin then it will boot xboxdash.xbe, if it finds boot2.bin then it will boot fuckms'd x2onlinedash.xbe (modified to look for xb0xdash.xbe). Now if there is no xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder then it will boot C:\uberdash.xbe which is uberdash.4920.17cdc100. or you can choose to boot Ndure toolset. The Open tray option is given both Ndure installer and Ndure toolset. You can also toggle between xboxdash/xonlinedash with ndure toolset.

Use of Nkpatcher 11 by xman. also RGB and progressive nkpatcher options.

user posted image

how to get: the old ways..

#392 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:01 PM

very very nice.... beerchug.gif

#393 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:09 PM

what I wonder though (I haven't been able to test this myself yet) is can't you now just rename the dashdata folder to something different and edit xboxdash.xbe to look for that? Or does the dashupdate.xbe still messes up the folder then?

#394 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

yes you could do that and then dashupdate doesnt mess the folder.. but most people will never run those extra open tray options and I thought it better to have original xboxdash.xbe if MS ever tries to hash check the xboxdash connected to XBL..

Edited by kingroach, 19 November 2005 - 08:42 PM.

#395 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Nov 19 2005, 08:46 PM)
yes you could do that and then dashupdate doesnt mess the folder.. but most people will never run those extra open tray options and I thought it better to have original xboxdash.xbe if MS ever tries to hash check the xboxdash connected to XBL..

View Post

hmm yeah thought about that too. does xboxdash.xbe actively connects to live? Guess it would depend on auto login settings....

#396 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

/me applauds ... your Ndure 3.0 Setup utility sounds tremendously powerful kingroach!

#397 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Nov 19 2005, 10:03 PM)
/me applauds ... your Ndure 3.0 Setup utility sounds tremendously powerful kingroach!

View Post

thnx dude.. give me soem feedback.. almost all the new features are based on those.. smile.gif

here is a picture of xboxhdm ndure installer:

user posted image

the options are self explanetory.. option 1 installs only ndure files generated by installer. Option 2 will wipe C drive and install ndure.. option 3 installs UDDAE. Option 4 backups C drive to E:\backup\ and option 5 restores.

#398 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

ok, i need some help here smile.gif

i get here because of a question i asked about a 137gb+ hd on a xboxhdm softmodded xbox. Me is been told thet it can work with this package. 'm only unsure how to use it.
I have rebuild my 160 gig hd with the normal xboxhmd futures. I've downloaded the installer 2.1 from the usual places (so not 3 with the xboxhdm feature).

Now how can i get those 20 gig?

-just putt the created files from c\ folder onto my xbox with ftp?
-rebuild the hdd but then with the created ndure files?

ore do i need to do something else? (like downloading 3.0 biggrin.gif)

i'm unsure. can somobody tell me what i need to do (step by step).
i do not use gamesaves, just the hotswap.

TIA

ps: 3.0 wasn't on the usual places....

Edited by Lippuzz, 20 November 2005 - 02:18 PM.

#399 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

Just put the ndure created files via ftp. xboxhdm only format F drive upto 137GB. so if you use Nlatcher .06 then just format F drive with unleashx or evox and all the space will be there..

#400 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:21 PM

thnx, but can't find nlatcher anywere

#401 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

#402 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

whoooo, due some timeout errors i did't thought i actually posted blink.gif
why can't i delete my own post? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lippuzz, 20 November 2005 - 11:30 PM.

#403 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

kingroach, I've tested the "original" patcher method (re. 185ead00 w/ Basic & Retail & ShadowC) and the 3.0-beta produced a C folder that was too big.

This seemed to be because the x2onlinedash.xbe was included, even though I hadn't selected it, and the filler1.img was now 2 MB bigger. So I manually deleted that .xbe and reverted the .img back to 21 MB...

I've also tested the new "uber" patcher (re. UDDAE) and the 3.0-beta again produced a C folder that was too big. So I manually deleted the x2onlinedash.xbe and 1.5 MB filler2.img it had unnecessarily included...

The UDDAE fragged when I triggered it though, so I subsequently copied the /C/bios/bios.xbe to /E/bios.xbe as a fix for that...

Btw, I noticed you've implemented my "xonlinedash.xbe" discovery as well; thanks! However, the real one should be kept too (as 'x0nlinedash.xbe' maybe) and included in the de-/activate Ndure toggles...

#404 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

I noticed that too.. actually adding all those extra fiiles and combinations make right size fillers difficult.. I will try to add some better "A.I smile.gif " into the installer but I dont know how well that will go..

The UDDAE fragged when I triggered it though, so I subsequently copied the /C/bios/bios.xbe to /E/bios.xbe as a fix for that

sad.gif oops .. I messed up the path then.. but its no biggie.. I will just compile with correct path.. I assume teh ST.DB was generic.. I double checked the kernel specific ones..

@Lippuzz,

tongue.gif I meant nkpatcher.. you cannt see because its hidden in C drive.. anyway to get extra space.. just format F drive after you install softmod..

#405 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:17 AM

{? I noticed the new Ndure Toolset references a nonexistent 'uberdash.rar'... ?}

Btw, fwiw; I think the following "self-contained" configuration (re. not needing an exploitable game) would be the best default, checked options: Basic Files & Retail Files & Add ShadowC & Add UDDAE & Add Ndure Toolset...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users