Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

I tried Option 1 and now i get this message: no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/update.xbe no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/x0onlinedash.x no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/x2onlinedash.xbe no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash//xonline.dash.xbe no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/ Is a directory

Maybe I have made the cd wrong? this is how I did it...
* I extracted SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6_FINAL.exe with cxboxtool
* Then I run the Ndure 3.0 setup with retail settings + xboxhdm installer.
As destination I used my newly extraced slayers, the folder before C
*Copied the Ndure folder to the \xboxhdm\linux folder and made a image from it
Burned as image

#557 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:06 AM

weired it has nothing to do with update.xbe.. in xbrowser, what do you see in your C and E drive?.. are they unchanged?..

and for c folder in slayers.. what folder did you choose?.. dash files rae in System/ALL/C folder..

Edited by kingroach, 28 January 2006 - 01:39 AM.

#558 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, BREAKIN THE LAW.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

kingroach I'd first like to say thx for the kickass installer. Everything went fine but there were problems along the way that I think you need to know about.

I'm positive that I compiled the iso properly and there may be a chance that your script is crippled.
The reason I say this is because when I used option 4 to back up the C drive. I'd get a error that I can't remember off the top of my head but it was a syntax error. Maybe something like object not found....I'll post a picture tomorrow, it's 1:48 in the morning.
Also option number 2 did not work. I kept using it until I realised it was fuxored. It appeared as if parts of the script were exposed on the screen. I'd see echo commands and other things that I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there besides step 1 of 1 complete step 2 of 2 complete etc. etc.
It was obviouse that step 2 was crippled because it didn't swipe my c drive and over write it. I still had my same crap on there. I got the installer from xbins btw.

So what I did was swipe the c drive with xboxhdm, then dump the C: drive that I put on Xboxhdm from Slayers and use option 1. Which is to patch the drive.

I do have 1 very basic questions though.

Everything appeared to go off without a hitch. After I figured out the script problems. I locked the hard drive and the system booted great. I boot the msdashboard perfectly when using the eject button and when I boot with the power button it goes straight to the unleash-x dashboard.
Here's the question.
I'm selling this xbox to my 16 year old brother and he reaaaly wants to play online with Halo 2 so
I would really appreciate your input.
If I boot my game using the eject button which appears to deactivate the softmod and load a retail game that way he should be able to play on Live right?

If so great!

Also if you could you direct me to a sticky that informs me of things not to do to my Xbox that would help me not get banned from Live I would very much appreciate that.

P.S. I didn't install the UDDAE exploit because I didn't know if I needed it.

QUOTE(sulingen @ Jan 27 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

I am following thie guide and have made the bootabel cd with Ndure for use with xboxhdm.

I am using hotswap conncection with my pc. When i boot up Xboxhdm I start "Xbrowser" to brows to /CD/Ndure and run the ndure file. The program start and i choose option 2 "completely erases C drive and copy ndure files"
Everything seems okey, I eveen got the message all ok, but c drive has not been erased and nothing copied to the xbox.

I am sure I ´m doing something obvious wrong since all I´ve learned about xbox, I´ve learned the last month here on this forum

I was thinking, that maybe I shouldn´t run ndure from Xbrowser but i didn´t found a another way

I appreciate any help i can get and thx for a great Forum smile.gif

your not alone....read my above post. I wasn't able to use option 2 either. It happened exactly like you so here was my solution. I was guessing option 2 is used to delete any files in the c drive that live may pick up on (I don't know) so he created option 2 to format the drive and then install ndure. So what I did to substituate that method was "create a xbox hd from scratch" using xboxhdm.
Then once it recreates my c drive then I use option 1 in ndure.

Edited by kgonepostl, 28 January 2006 - 09:18 AM.

#559 firebadbobb

firebadbobb

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:37 AM

will this fix my error 21 prob?
sorry to sound newbish

#560 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

kgonepostl,.. yah I saw that yesterday whn I used the script yesterday.. The script is actually fine.. Wehn I last compiled Ndure 3.0 in my computer, I used notepad to see if everyting is alright and when I saved the script, notepad fuckedup formatting in script.. I always use linux to make and test the script and I paid the penalty just when I used windows.. sleep.gif .. I will issue a fix asap..

as for live.. yes eject button deactivates the mod and you can go live.. you can also go live with coldbooting.. I dont think there is any sticky for not getting banned because nobody got banned.. and when mod is active you wont be able to go to live so that will prevent possibility of getting banned with modded xbox.

@firebadbobb,

This will but you should always fix error 21 with a fresh C drive files from Slayers disk or from your backup.

#561 sulingen

sulingen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

I used xboxhdm to format and build up a new C drive, then used the Ndure and Option 1 but I still get the same message:
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/update.xbe no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/x0onlinedash.x no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash/x2onlinedash.xbe no such file or directory
Unable to open /xbox/C/xodash//xonline.dash.xbe no such file or directory

I
I wonder if some of my files on the E drive can make some problem for me. There are still som files there after the previous softmod. I have no idea of what way it has been modded.
After I used option 1 on the Ndure som files have been copied to my C drive as shown below.
Maybe if I format my E drive as well it will work but dont know if thats a smart thing to do. I have got my hardisk key and som other useful information from one of the EEPROMBa files, so I guess it´s safe since it dosent work anyway.

This is what I got on my drives now

C

/bios
/media
/shadow
xb0xdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

E
/CACHE
/TDATA
/UDATA
/apps
/backup
/dash
/games
/music
/ndts
/videos
EEPROMBa´ock.TXT from previous version
EEPROMBa´ock.bin from previous version
EEPROMBa´ock.cfg from previous version
EEPROMBa´ate.TXT from previous version
EEPROMBa´ate.bin from previous version
EEPROMBa´ate.cfg from previous version
M8_LBA48´BFM.bin from previous version
boot.cfg from previous version
default.xbe

kingroach I use this folder /SlaYers EvoX v2.6\SYSTEM\ALL and I checked that the C drive is now moved into the newly created Ndure folder

You guys are great with the fast respond. Thx alot smile.gif

#562 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jan 28 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

kgonepostl,.. yah I saw that yesterday whn I used the script yesterday.. The script is actually fine.. Wehn I last compiled Ndure 3.0 in my computer, I used notepad to see if everyting is alright and when I saved the script, notepad fuckedup formatting in script.. I always use linux to make and test the script and I paid the penalty just when I used windows.. sleep.gif .. I will issue a fix asap..

I'm glad i was able to offer some form of help with your wonderful creation. It's a great installer.

#563 sulingen

sulingen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

I have now just tried option 1 on the xboxhdm (formated C and E and build new partition)
I got a Alternative there if I wanted to copy som files from the Cd to C, answered No there. Can someone confirm if that is right

Then I used xbrowser and ran Ndure with option 1, but I still get the same message as always

#564 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(sulingen @ Jan 28 2006, 10:41 PM) View Post

I have now just tried option 1 on the xboxhdm (formated C and E and build new partition)
I got a Alternative there if I wanted to copy som files from the Cd to C, answered No there. Can someone confirm if that is right

Then I used xbrowser and ran Ndure with option 1, but I still get the same message as always

It seems like you were doin it correct before if you used option 1 in Xboxhdm and when it asked if you want to dump your C: drive you should say yes because it will look in Xboxhdm/C:/ and dump what's in that folder. If it doesn't dump anything like it should I'd suggest you check the contents of your disc and see if there is in fact anything in Xboxhdm/C:/
Get back to us.

#565 sulingen

sulingen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:22 AM

I did the same procedure only now I aswered Yes to copy the files from the CD. I testet the Xbox on the Tv before making the Ndure install and it worked. It booted with a UNLEASH dash and I have my F drive intact so i tested som games and it works pefectly.

Now I am pretty newbe to all this but how do I get my movies to work? Only way to browse for files is to use "File Explorer" but cant get the movies to run from there. Shouldn´t there be any program in the apps folder?

Hotswapped my xbox one more time and made the final Ndure install with option 1 and this time it all went ok smile.gif

but I still dont got any programs in the apps folder or cant find any way to see my movies

This might be a stupid question but what dos the ndure installer changes on my cbox after I allready Copied files from C and E when I used the "build new hardisk from scratch" in xboxhdm?

Now i can get a connection with my xbox useing ftp so maybe I can just download Xbox Mediacenter and install it with Qwix and this will fix my problem. be great if anyone can confirm this

I have to admit I was pretty shocked when i started the xbox and it actually worked. Newer thought I come this far smile.gif thx again for the great help

Edited by sulingen, 29 January 2006 - 01:24 AM.

#566 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:08 AM

Kingroach I got a problem. I tried booting my retail splinter cell to go on live and create an account and it kicked me back to the msdash. I tried coldbooting and it did the same thing.

Am I suppose to create my xbox live before I softmod it and do something after for this to work or is something wrong.....Man I thought everything was perfect but I suppose it's back to the drawing board.

Also I don't know if this matters but I didn't check the UDDAE checkbox in the ndure installer for pc. I have no idea if this matters but if it does let me know. I really want to get my brother on live. I was able to connect to try to make an account when I had my virgin C:\ dash with no softmod. Now it just kicks me to the dash when i try to make an account with splinter cell.

#567 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:40 AM

@sulingen, you cannt view movies with unleashx.. you need XBMC for that.. and you nee dto ftp that in your xbox.. for FTP, you need to connect xbox with pc with a network cable.. there is networking tutorial in xbox-scene tutorial section.. check them out..

@kgonepostl, yes you are supposed to create a xbox live account before you softmod.. But its no big problem.. you can just place a file called boot1.bin in E:\ drive. Then turn on your xbox with eject button and xbox will boot into xbox live console.. for there you can make a live account.. after that.. just delete boot1.bin from E:\ drive and xbox will boot as normal to MS dash..

as for boot.bin, you can rename any file into boot.bin and place it into E:\ drive.. Normally XBL console is turned off because it doesnt work with Ndure softmod.

#568 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jan 28 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post
@sulingen, you cannt view movies with unleashx.. you need XBMC for that.. and you nee dto ftp that in your xbox.. for FTP, you need to connect xbox with pc with a network cable.. there is networking tutorial in xbox-scene tutorial section.. check them out..

@kgonepostl, yes you are supposed to create a xbox live account before you softmod.. But its no big problem.. you can just place a file called boot1.bin in E:\ drive. Then turn on your xbox with eject button and xbox will boot into xbox live console.. for there you can make a live account.. after that.. just delete boot1.bin from E:\ drive and xbox will boot as normal to MS dash..

as for boot.bin, you can rename any file into boot.bin and place it into E:\ drive.. Normally XBL console is turned off because it doesnt work with Ndure softmod.

My appologies kingroach. I did read something about the .bin file and that it doesn't have to be any certain size. I just don't remember where i read it or what specifically it applied to. Thank you for your patience once again kingroach.

#569 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

{: kgonepostl, you/bro could potentially benefit from the other advice too; http://forums.xbox-s...ic=481488&st=30 :}

#570 whenever

whenever

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:15 AM

Is the "Virtual disc" function removed from Version 3 installation?

With version 2.1 I am able to ftp an .iso file to xbox and use a special default.xbe to start the game but with version 3 installation I can't do this any longer. I managed to solve the issue by copying the bios.xbe of Version 2.1 back but then I lost the ability to boot to retail mode.

BTW, is there any easy way to edit the contents of shadowc.img file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users