• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 moet_chandon

moet_chandon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

I did it now.....I was transfering roms over to my HD. Smart FTP was moving too slow, so I tried using CRAXTION. I got as far as selecting the F drive in CRAXTIONs file browser when the prog locked up. Ended the process and went about my (slow) FTP business and rebooted my box. After the dash loaded, I proceeded to the emulator menu and (don't ask me why) refreshed the cache......AND BLAM!!! Everything disappeared. So I go over to my Games menu and (as if I didn't learn my lesson the first time...) I refreshed that cache and sure enough all my games disappeared. I started a new FTP session and I noticed that the F drive was not being recognized. Yes I check the softmod settings and they were kosher. Funny thing is when I FTP while after booting to the softmod settings (krazies SP autoinstaller) menu, the freaking F drive is alive and well. I run EvoX from withing UIX and it reads the F drive. One interesting observation is that on the EvoX dash where it displays the free drive space, it lists F as having 0 when I know for a fact that there's at least a gig or two in there. Oh I did replace ALL of the UIX files thinking that the problem was within one of the XIPs. Didn't help. Did CRAXTION crap my box or worse yet its bios? Why would EvoX see the contents of my F drive and not UIX? PLEASE HELP.

Edited by moet_chandon, 20 June 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#2 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:36 AM

Looks like that craxton program on your PC killed your F:\

Your BIOS is in tact. Dont worry about that, if it wasnt the box wouldent boot.

Evox, it wouldent show the contents of f:\ as it doesent have a built in filemanager.

It is the skin that you have applied that is showing free space in f:\

Some skins have a g:\ displayed too, even if you dont have 1.

#3 moet_chandon

moet_chandon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(KyesaRRi @ Jun 20 2005, 02:47 AM)
Looks like that craxton program on your PC killed your F:\

Your BIOS is in tact. Dont worry about that, if it wasnt the box wouldent boot.

Evox, it wouldent show the contents of f:\ as it doesent have a built in filemanager.

It is the skin that you have applied that is showing free space in f:\

Some skins have a g:\ displayed too, even if you dont have 1.

View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I may have failed to mention that I tried running the games that are stored on the F drive from with DVD2Xbox and they ran....telling me that the drive is intact but UIX wont display it. Like I said, I can see the drive when I FTP from EVOX and the Softmod Config Screen. Oh and I can run the games from EvoX FROM WITHIN UIX!?!?!? What should I do to remedy this? Remove then reapply the softmod? I don't want to give up UIX. Any suggestions....

PS. When I said EvoX showed me 0 on the F drive, what I meant to say is that it displayed 0 SPACE left, yet I can run anything (games, emulators) that are stored on the drive. I just thought that the 0 space left thing would be something that might help the troubleshooting.

Edited by moet_chandon, 20 June 2005 - 08:10 AM.

#4 BlackWraith

BlackWraith

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

UIX tends to have probs as the harddrive is full or near to full. Try deleting something from another dash to clear up some space. Give the refresh a try again and see what happens. I would like ta know if it helps or not. good luck biggrin.gif

#5 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

Yes that would be the problem. I had the same problem when UIX first came out, i just used a boot disk and deleted some extra crap on F:\

But when you said:
when I know for a fact that there's at least a gig or two in there

It sorta made me think that it was a different problem.

#6 moet_chandon

moet_chandon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(KyesaRRi @ Jun 20 2005, 10:27 AM)
Yes that would be the problem. I had the same problem when UIX first came out, i just used a boot disk and deleted some extra crap on F:\

But when you said:

It sorta made me think that it was a different problem.

View Post

Thanks guys.....I'll try here in a few and post the results. Wish me luck.

#7 moet_chandon

moet_chandon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

THANKS BlackWraith and KyesaRRi!!! That took care of the problem. I will make sure to look out for that and to pass along the tip in the future.

#8 Eidan

Eidan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(moet_chandon @ Jun 20 2005, 07:46 PM)
THANKS BlackWraith and KyesaRRi!!!  That took care of the problem.  I will make sure to look out for that and to pass along the tip in the future.

View Post

Well....i found that uix can't see the F drive when the disk space in the partition is 0.

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users