• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stulanglands

stulanglands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

hi a friend has somehow got an error 16 on his soft modded xbox he cant boot originals or back ups so we cant reinstall anything. my question is can i install a mod chip to bypass the clock setting and get his xbox working again if so which chips would do the trick. i have no back up of his eeprom. i backed up his c drive when i installed soft mod but i guess he must have wiped that off hence the error 16. hope someone can help as new to this. cheers. sad.gif

#2 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:13 AM

On older boses Evox D.6 bios does for sure.

#3 stulanglands

stulanglands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:21 AM

thanks for the help. not sure what bios he has is the bios linked to his xbox version number? i will find out his xbox version then add details. thanks again. smile.gif

#4 cubistproject

cubistproject

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

Yeah yeah. I've fixed several boxes with this problem, now, from local softmodders.
Arg.

D6 is a BOON

You'll need to fit a chip into it likely to get it up. I just usually rip the save games off, rebuild the HDD, and put the saves back, then charge them for a chip install and leave the chip in there.

Apparently the new softmods have got around this problem.

But I'm still partial to fittin' chips.

Edited by cubistproject, 20 June 2005 - 05:44 PM.

#5 stulanglands

stulanglands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

thanks for all the help everyone just one more question. could i install a no solder mod chip to boot past the problem then rebuild the c drive and reinstall the the soft mod. then remove the mod chip and continue using the soft-mod again? i know this sounds silly but i could keep the mod chip for any future problems arising with mine and friends soft modded xboxes. thanks again. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users