Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Skating<br />Guitar Playing
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

Hello all, I'm very impressed with the work on UIX and how great it works but I'm having a bit of a buggy problem. For some reason I can't get the backround images to show on most if not all of my skins I picked up from allxboxskins. I followed the tutorial and made the changes to the default.xap to use the background.xbx image instead of the xboxlogo but for some reason it still isn't working. I'm not sure if there is another change I need to make somewhere as I did use THC and I remember there was quite a bit more work required to change the skins. The weird part though is if I select say a few specific skins that came with UIX like cubewall or blue cubewall or even carbon fiber the backdrop seems to change a bit. I picked up my uix package from a website hosting it so could that be the source of my problem? Either way I plan on hitting xbins. Thanx

#2 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=393455

Try that, it is in the tutoral section on the first page. Use search next time

And yes your best to get it from #xbins as the version you may have could be a edited version.

Edited by KyesaRRi, 20 June 2005 - 03:11 PM.

#3 Lohan79

Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:04 PM

KyesaRRi,

Your tutorial is the one that I followed and haven't had success so I'm going to go ahead and replace it with one from xbins. Thanx for the quick reply if I have any questions I'll hit the forums. I am definately aware of searching I just think this is a weird situation as some of the skins worked where all the others didn't. Yes I was definately sure of the spelling as well. Thanx again.

#4 sameatshamhaha

sameatshamhaha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

This might be why. To get background images working you need to delete two game saves in your E drive. In UDATA delete a file called FFF00FFF and in TDATA delete FFF00FFF. Please tell us if that works?
Thanx

#5 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

Yeah forgot to add that part to my tutorial...

But i didnt need to do that to make the BG's work on my and my brothers xbox whcih was the reason i didnt include it.

If the skins dont work, go to #teamUIX on IRC and try to get in contact with me or ask anyone in the chan. Im sure someone will help you out.

#6 Lohan79

Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

I've been a bit busy but I'll try it this weekend and let you know on monday.

#7 Lohan79

Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:06 PM

Alright here are my results, the folders do no even exist in either of the metioned folders.

The closest thing that I could find was 00feef00 in both folders which did contain information that seemed related the the dash (defaul.xip, etc.) I did delete them as well just to see what happens. Nothin

I did completely replace my UIX dash with a fresh copy from xbins before going through the tutorial again with this most recent attempt. Any ideas now.

My Kernel version is 4980 would that make a difference?

#8 Lohan79

Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

Final upsate.

Thanks for all the help KyesaRRi and sameatshamhaha - (the folders didn't exist on my xbox, strange right?)

I decided to reload everything one last time just to be on the safe side and after booting UIX and then going into Evox and using FTP to clear out the C:drive and replacing it with a fresh UIX it worked great!!
Keeps things interesting right? Computers seem to act just like people sometimes they're unpredictable at times.

WTF??

Thanks again UIX Rocks!! keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users