#1 g4zz4

g4zz4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

I just locked my replacement HD as I was told this was the correct thing to do. I locked using configmagic and reloaded my dash. everything fine. I switched off then back on again. error code 8. Switched off & on again. Worked fine. Tried loaded something from a dvd & it froze (locking my hd was the 1st step in solving a freezing problem). I restarted and I now keep getting this error 08 code.

I have a slayer bootdisc that I thought I may get to and then unlock, my way of thinking is that if it worked unlocked and now locked, it doesn't, then the obvious solution is to unlock the drive again. But I can't because of this 08 error

Have I messed up my xbox now, or is there some way to salvage this?

#2 IznastY

IznastY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

error 8 means harddrive not found, make sure its getting power and the ide cable is connected right, it could just mean that ur harddrive is starting to see its last days

#3 g4zz4

g4zz4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:22 PM

it has been working fine before, it just wouldn't load up chip disabled & showed an 05 error. I was told this meant I had to lock the HD, which I did and now I get this 08 error

I just threw in an evo-x boot disc and that one worked fine. I just don't want to unlock the hd if it messes everything up, well more than it is now anyway

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

Unlocking the hdd will have no adverse effect, other than not being able to boot the msdash using the retail bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users