• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Right - I bought my xbox on Friday with my first paycheck from my new job. Ive wanted one for a while and it seemed like something ace to buy. Anyways I bought it with Agent Under Fire and that, modded a pad... asked for a memory card (got treated like an idiot for asking for one... I couldnt really tell them I wanted it for modding my new purchase though, they already hate me). Anyways I finally got it home... spent hours with my cable cutters and cheapo pad and got the save game exploit onto my disk.

Then I loaded it up and installed mxm, but I wanted evox so reinstalled (in retrospect im an idiot). Right now here is my problem - I have MXM installed (it usually boots straight into this) - However when I click on UDE Install/ Uninstall I get "ERROR (line 1): (callscript) "ActionSript file failed excecution" Which is erm nice. Now I can FTP in and out nice and dandy and I can use boxplorer to launch evox. I also tried to put the snes emulator on but it just goes to the xbox error screen.

So I was told to download slayers installer, which I now have on disk... but when I try and launch it in mxm it just crashes.

What can I do? I really want a nice dash like evox and I can ftp just grand. Argh, and its hot and im getting stressed sad.gif

Oh and hello!

#2 _Ender

_Ender

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

whats a "ftp"?

#3 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(_Ender @ Jun 20 2005, 03:13 PM)
whats a "ftp"?

File Transfer Protocol.

#4 Snakehn

Snakehn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

You are using an Oldschool Exploit, are you?
Ltools ? if you have a brand new Xbox why not use Krayzie's Installer, is a LOT easier to Install and more Up-to-date!

just get the exploit, return your Xbox to Retail state and install the new exploit, because you did backup your C: drive on your PC right?

#5 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

I was drunk, I erm didnt. Sob. I should stop doing stuff when drunk, sigh.

Argh.

Is there any other way?

If someone with their C drive backed up sent me theres would this work?

Edited by PinkSpider, 20 June 2005 - 07:26 PM.

#6 Snakehn

Snakehn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

Check on your Drive E is there is a Folder called Backup or something like that, assuming that you used Ltools, there should be a Compressed file of your C:

if not, then you said you have the Slayers disc, you gonna have to look inside that disc, because it does have a Copy of the MS-Dashboard but i don't know if is the latest version. check all that and then let me know.

#7 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

I unzipped the files from the backup and upped them to the C and nothing, it still boots in XMX.

#8 zz Muerte zz

zz Muerte zz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

If you just want to replace the dash, all really have to do is get the dash you want and name it whatever the MXM.xbe is. Get EvoX and rename it. It will make its own INI or you can make one for it. Either way, it works just fine so you dont have to reinstall. Thats what I do for my softmods. Till I found one that installed Unleashed X that is. =)

#9 Snakehn

Snakehn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

to return to retail you need to star over, gain ftp access, then delete everything from C: and E: and copy the original content of the C: back in, then restart.

after that, now copy the new game exploit and install it, is not that complicated if you do it right.

one more thing, look again in E: look for a file called Eeprom.bin and copy it to your PC because if something goes wrong, that's your life saver.

#10 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

I have extracted the disk.

Now can someone gimme a list of files I need in the C drive, I dont want to mod then find out I'm like one file missing.

Here is what is on my extracted disk... is this enough to just delete and replace with?

user posted image

Edited by PinkSpider, 20 June 2005 - 08:19 PM.

#11 Snakehn

Snakehn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

SYSTEM>ALL>C:

List:

Audio
Fonts
Xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash

Xbox Book.xtf
xbox.xtf
xboxdash.xbe

#12 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

I have no original versions of these... sob.

edit: found it but having problems uploading :s

Edited by PinkSpider, 20 June 2005 - 08:42 PM.

#13 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

The list of files that Snakehn is referring to can be found on the Slayers disc that you have. I would also recommend redoing the exploit using Krayzies installer.

#14 PinkSpider

PinkSpider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Jun 20 2005, 08:54 PM)
The list of files that Snakehn is referring to can be found on the Slayers disc that you have.  I would also recommend redoing the exploit using Krayzies installer.

View Post

Found and put on disk but now my xbox just crashes unless a game is in sad.gif

IM IN THE ORIGINAL DASH- FUCK YEA.

Im a little happy smile.gif

Edited by PinkSpider, 20 June 2005 - 09:13 PM.

#15 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:24 PM

I think your best bet is to get the eeprom.bin file from your xbox and use xboxhdm to rebuild your drive back to stock. Do this by putting your eeprom in the eeprom folder, and the stock c: drive files from Slayers into the C: drive folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users