• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ch33rsm8

ch33rsm8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

Ok, i have succesfully soft-modded my xbox, and deleted it so i could play on xblive. I can put it back on anytime (its on my mem card) i used agent under fire, and its linux(ldots ltools v1.7.5) i got the tutorial from www.how2xbox.com the softmodding tutorial. Now i wonder how do i do all those crazy things on warlock that people on team slayer do to me? lol. i can't acces the xblive with my mod on so i know that wasn't it. do i need to download files? what do i need to do? i am getting mislead by people saying oh they were using action replay, well i know it wasn't that because i now know what action replay is. then they were calling them modders, but how are they modders if there mods are turned off? ive also heard them called hackers, well now thats a new one. do i need to download a frikin aimbot like counter-strike for pc? lol. just let me know, i don't care about getting banned, i have 4 different accounts. i just want to join the fun. if everyone else is doing it why can't i?

#2 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

this section will help you out alot

#3 Corspegrinder99

Corspegrinder99

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:56 AM

If you use hacked maps in Halo 2 you are just going to get banned... if cheating on XBox Live is your only reason for modding your box dont do it.

#4 ch33rsm8

ch33rsm8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(Corspegrinder99 @ Jun 21 2005, 03:07 AM)
If you use hacked maps in Halo 2 you are just going to get banned... if cheating on XBox Live is your only reason for modding your box dont do it.

View Post

as i told you in the other post i started modding so i could get an NES emulator. I also said in this post that i didn't care about getting banned because i have 4 accounts.

#5 looknbarrel

looknbarrel

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Modding,Movies, and stuff

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(ch33rsm8 @ Jun 20 2005, 11:46 PM)
as i told you in the other post i started modding so i could get an NES emulator.  I also said in this post that i didn't care about getting banned because i have 4 accounts.

View Post

What if your eeprom gets banned and not just your account then you would have to get a new eeprom

#6 Funkadelik

Funkadelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:54 AM

let him get banned biggrin.gif

#7 ChuckBales

ChuckBales

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:10 AM

Kind of on the topic of live accounts, will I be able to copy my gamertag file off my stock hd once i get my duox2 to my computer then copy it to the new hd?

Also, If i can figure out how to get the eeprom off the stock hd and put it onto the new hd, will I have any problems getting on Live, assuming I dont forget to turn the chip off?

#8 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE(ChuckBales @ Jun 21 2005, 01:51 PM)
Kind of on the topic of live accounts, will I be able to copy my gamertag file off my stock hd once i get my duox2 to my computer then copy it to the new hd?

Also, If i can figure out how to get the eeprom off the stock hd and put it onto the new hd, will I have any problems getting on Live, assuming I dont forget to turn the chip off?

View Post

You should start your own thread....

If you change the HDD in a box that has been used on Live you need to also change the EEPROM. The HDD serial and eeprom are matched on the live DB so changing one means changing both or getting banned.

The EERPOM is stored on a chip in the box not the HDD, it can be changed using a program like conigmagic.

#9 ChuckBales

ChuckBales

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:26 AM

So using configmagic I can change the eeprom to match the new hd, copy the gamertag file over and be good to go?

Do i need to buy a new eeprom to use with configmagic?

Edited by ChuckBales, 21 June 2005 - 03:27 AM.

#10 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:28 AM

You will need an EEPROM that matches the version of your xbox and has never been used to access Live.

#11 ch33rsm8

ch33rsm8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE(Funkadelik @ Jun 21 2005, 04:05 AM)
let him get banned biggrin.gif

View Post

OMG Im supposed to be the newb here. not you! If you had any brains you would look up what the punishment is for the act i'm committing. Don't listen to what everyone else says. but i can't tell you the punishment because if i did that i would be helping you so go find it yourself??!!

#12 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(looknbarrel @ Jun 20 2005, 08:55 PM)
What if your eeprom gets banned and not just your account then you would have to get a new eeprom

View Post

Actually right now they are giving suspensions from live and suspensions from matchmaking.

#13 Funkadelik

Funkadelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:40 AM

nevermind.. good luck

Edited by Funkadelik, 21 June 2005 - 03:40 AM.

#14 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

I hate cheaters! Here is my 2 cents. If you are hacking Halo 2 to show to friends or just to see if you can do it, fine. I hacked Halo 1 just to see what I could do.

(rockets replace assault rifle bullets, 30 projectiles (rockets) per shot, hold down the trigger for a couple seconds - LOL)

But to hack a game to cheat online, I can't believe it. I hope you do get banned, and then you will have to find a new hard drive which hasn't been on LIVE and a same-version EEPROM which hasn't and never will be on LIVE. Good luck with that!

For one split second I smiled at the thought that I have always hated how MS banned people, and now honor them for banning people who cheat. Remember, I said a split-second.

Stop cheating, play the game like you have a pair.

#15 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:51 AM

This week's top story from bungie.net:

Bungie Weekly What's Update

This week, we give an ominous, serious hint about the use of hacked maps, weapon hacks, mods and so on. We talk about the usual community stuff and address pressing issues, new and old.

Untold thousands ask,

I've played games on Containment where players could almost fly, where Warthogs could zoom around like Banshees, and people could get one shot kills with Battle Rifle. Is Bungie aware of this, is it doing anything about it?

We're only going to say this once, so listen carefully, and if you're using hacks, or know anyone who's using them, pay close attention. Every time you show up on Live with a hacked map, hacked save or other exploit, we not only know about it, it lights up our system like a pinball machine. We were almost tempted to print gamertags as examples. Right now, we are taking very, very serious measures to end it. They will be severe measures, and they will be global. That's all we're going to say about it. So now's the time to stop doing it. We are not kidding, and we are not bluffing. The reason the new measures have not been implemented so far is the same reason as ever - testing. This was your last and only warning.

Um, again, you have fun with that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users