#1 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

Hey I've got a 1.3 or so xbox with a windbound that i successfully tsop'd last night with xecuter bios with raincoat. I also installed a 160 gb hdd into it as well with no problems, I bring it over to my friends house (his xbox) without a dvd and tell them just to use a different dvd drive i'm getting one shipped today and i'll install it later, well I get the drive and install it and go home, only to find the xbox is throwing error 8 (no hdd!)

I KNOW i had this thing working a little while before, the night i did it, jumpers are correctly set etc, only thing new was the dvd drive, but shouldnt have caused that type of an error, so i get the xbox back , start checking it out, and for some reason the drive is not responding, it spins up sounds like it's gonna work, and out of like the 3 times i tried it, it only worked once. This is a brand new hard drive and i tried it's stock hdd with the same results, I can boot into the bios and all that, Xecuter2 displays etc, but still the error 8, any idea why the hell i'm getting this ?

HDD works in other xbox's
DVD works in other xbox's
Xbox worked last night

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:53 AM

do toerh HDs work in teh xbox? it might be a bad IDE controller

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:34 AM

Havent tried more than the 2, the original one, that I know worked fine (unlocked it etc) and the upgraded one, I set it up on another xbox to save time, but kept it unlocked, and it worked fine when I was using it on the xbox, I dunno what could've suddenly made it reject the drives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users